Chapter One.

Heyy, this is the sequel to my Regulus Black story, so read in which ever order you like, but check it out! I'm very proud of both of these stories!!

Lots of loves

This chapter has been edited... the rest have not yet

~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness surrounded her senses as she hid in the cabinet, silence pervaded until she heard the door slam open. "Where is she?" a voice commanded, Ebony frowned at the unfamiliar voice but knew she had to stay hidden.

"No Tom, please! I didn't have a baby!" Her mother's voice cried out, it was quiet but she could hear every word. "Please! I ran because I thought I was pregnant and he was dead!"

"You're pathetic." The man hissed furiously, "You are not worth the blood in your veins!"

A green light filled the small space she was hiding in dragging her into an empty darkness. "Ebony! Ebony wake up!"

Hands grabbed her shoulders. "Ebony, we're going to miss try outs!" Gasping at the thought, Ebony sat up that instant, almost head butting the owner of the voice and hands. "God, you sleep like the dead." Marie muttered leaving her alone.

Shaking her head, ebony fought to regain her composure much as she always did after she dreamt of that day. It was the day she'd become an orphan, but her mother had always been the planning type and knew who she'd married so as soon as she died, as long as she had her faithful rabbit with her, she would be sent to her uncle. Which she was, instantly, even if a death eater had opened the cabinet as soon as the deadly spell had been cast, she'd be nowhere in sight.

Her uncle though was a different matter. He'd been the best uncle in the world, they had been best friends and she'd always felt loved by him and by Hazel, his partner. Things had started to go sour, Ebony could remember the depressing afternoons where they'd all sit in silence after Hazel had cried all day... it was one of those days the last time she saw him before he'd been sent to Azkaban. Yes, if you hadn't guessed her Uncle is Sirius Black.

But life had gotten better after that, she moved in with her Cousins the Tonk's and Dora was the best sister you could ask for.

"What position are you trying out for?" Ebony asked Marie as they skipped down the stairs of the Gryffindor tower, her friend was good in all the positions, just not great.

"Oh I'm not trying out." Marie smirked, wriggling her eyebrows up at Ebony. "I'm watching the fitties."

Ebony didn't even try to stop the eye roll or the smirk, she was obsessed with boys. She liked to watch them, talk about them, talk about watching them... you'd think she was a slut, but no Marie was really rather shy.

Ebony didn't have much of a chance to even consider asking her friend before the answer was given. "You're going to be a chaser." She grinned as they walked out towards the training pitch. "Charlie Weasley is the fittest Ginger lad I've ever seen."

Turning around, Ebony bit laugh a laugh as Marie went doe eyed over the captain. Ordered were given and she joined the group of students hoping to become a chaser. Charlie came to that group first, it was the largest and he had to make giant cuts before he got down to the good talent.

His eyes landed on her and he smirked. "Name?"

"Ebony Black." She stated seeing the recognition in his eyes.

"Ok Black, you go first and try to score a goal against Wood."

Slipping onto the broom, she rose through the air watching as Oliver stretched out with comical affect while waiting for her to start. Tossing the quaffle a few times she tested the weight of the ball in her hand, she'd never gotten her hands on a brand new one before, and then headed straight at Oliver. His eyes focused solely on her body, judging the direct of her broom, her head, her arm. Pulling back, Ebony lifted her arm aimed right and watched it soar through the left goal.

"Whooohoooo!" Marie screamed from the stalls, breaking the trance she'd fallen in and allowing a blush to swarm onto her cheeks.

"Who taught you how to do that?" Charlie Weasley gaped as she landed gently on the grass beside him. "Wood, you had no chance of catching that!"

"My Uncle's best friend was a chaser at Hogwarts... he taught me to throw." She blushed, keeping her eyes on his chin.

"Epic." He sighed, shaking his head before dropping his voice to a whisper. "Go sit down, if anyone tops that my chasers will be at risk of losing their place."

Falling into the spot beside Marie, Ebony took deep breathes as she tried to relax her racing heart. "He's three years older than us."

"And?"

"He was totally checking you out!" she gushed, though a hint of something else shone through. "Anyway, since when have you been able to throw? We should have done this in second year."

"You're so desperate." Ebony teased, elbowing her side before watching the rest of the chasers try out.

Charlie called Oliver down from the goal posts and threw an arm around his shoulder. He was still mentally replaying Black's try out again and again, there was no way she wasn't getting on the team.

"What do you think then?" Oliver asked, patting his Captains shoulder.

"Black... that was epic."

"Tell me about it!" He laughed shaking his head before looking up to where she was sitting. "I had no idea; although she did crack James Peters in the face with a frog the other week."

"She's in your year?"

"Yeah, pretty small aint she really?" he laughed as Charlie took another look over. "Quite fit too, but she did live with Sirius Black, murderer, for the first few years."

"Actually lived with him?" Charlie asked with surprise, wondering how a murderer could raise a child.

"Yeah Uncle: I use that as an explanation for her temper." He laughed as they both turned to look at her again.

She was quite fit, but Charlie thought there was more to it than that. Maybe it was the colour or shape of her eyes which made her striking... but he was starting to sound like a stalker when he'd known of her for all of ten minutes. Right now, he needed a Chaser.

"Black!" he shouted, grabbing the smallest uniform they had in the box and throwing it up to her. "Kit up, we've gotta practise."

---

"Tired?" Marie asked turning away from some other girls to hand Ebony a cup of tea and set a plate of dinner for her as she arrived from training.

"Knackered, why did I do this to myself?" she pouted, rolling out her shoulders which were going stiff after the hours of practise she'd put herself through in the last few days.

"Because you're awesome." She smiled, before her eyes twinkled with humour, or gossip. "I think Charlie likes you."

Ebony's heart fluttered before she cocked an eyebrow and rolled her eyes. "Don't be stupid, he's three years older than us, that'd just be weird."

"Stranger things have happened." Marie insisted. "What's three years? That's thirty five and thirty two."

"Yes, but I'm fifteen and he's eighteen." She stated, finding the flaw obvious.

"But not forever." She laughed, dropping a Yorkshire onto her plate. "As you get older, the gap decreases and you two will be bunking up!"

"No we won't." Ebony stated, picking up her fork. "And I've got another practise in like an hour, but thank you for getting me dinner."

"Is it a one on one?" she whispered, wriggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"No, but he is teaching me to throw straight." Ebony grinned as Marie winked.

"Is he going to wrap his arms around you to help aim?"

"Fuck off Marie." She snapped, glaring at her friend.

"Oh Ebony you wait and see." Marie laughed, turning back to the other girls and leaving her to eat in peace.