Chapter Two.

When I got outside to the quidditch pitch the beaters were practising at the far end of the pitch and Charlie was hovering just above the stands talking to some of his friends while bouncing a quaffle up and down in his hand.

I let myself assess his profile, his hair was long enough to start to curl around itself, glowing like a halo, his jaw was nice and strong, even from this distance I could see the stubble giving him an edgy quality. He turned to look at me and I quickly changed my face to a friendly grin as he waved me over.

“Can you show them how you throw, they won’t believe Me.” he said as soon as I got within shouting distance, he chucked the quaffle at me before I could reply.

Why did I listen to Marie, she is such a fantasist and she even bloody got me believing it! Fighting the disappointment in my gut I caught the quaffle one handed, I impress myself at times, and flew towards the goals. Aiming left and throwing right and then flying over the catch the quaffle before it fell to the ground.

“Damn you’re good.” The blonde boy sighed digging into his pocket. “Charlie, here’s your galleon, sorry I doubted you.”

“Dick.” Charlie laughed pocketing the coin. “You ready Black?”

I nodded keeping my face impassive as the girl grabbed the broomstick and threw her arms around his neck in a hug. Of course he’d have a girlfriend, he’s ridiculously gorgeous, I’m gonna kill Marie when I find her.

“How did it go?” Marie asked bouncing on my bed when she came in later that evening. “did he wrap his large muscular arms around you and whisper suggestive things into your ear as you shot?”

“He taught me how to throw; he tied a broomstick to my arm so it kept straight and threw things at me so I could do it under pressure.”

“Well that’s shit.” She stated jumping up and straightening her hair.

“I threw straight to get away. Is that bad?” I asked and she laughed.

“Not if he’s tying you up. Although I wouldn’t say no if he was tying me up in a different way.” She smirked wiggling her eyebrows.

“You are sick.” I laughed, “Where have you been anyway?”

“In the library, Jack Western was helping me with my divination.” She said pulling a face.

“I have divination.”

“I know.”

---

I slipped onto the bench beside Tonks at lunch a few days later; she grinned and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. “Hello enemy.”

“How are your mum and dad?” I asked looking down at the letter, they always wrote to Tonks once a week.

“All good, Dad said there’s a match he wants to take you too at Christmas so that should be fun.” She laughed pointing it out in the letter. “You ok Eb?”

“Yeah, just missed you.” I shrugged and she laughed pretending to gag.

“You are disgustingly soppy you know that?” I just nodded and got up to disappear into the shadows.

Marie had disappeared somewhere with a few girls in our year but I just wasn’t into gossiping or giggling over boys and clothes. As I went to leave the great hall someone called my name from the Gryffindor table, as I turned I saw Oliver Wood waving his hand beckoning me to come over.

“So you’re the new chaser.” Alex Grain smirked as he moved across to let me slip in with them. “I saw you from McGonagall’s room, you can fly!”

I blushed as the four boys around me waited for me to say something, but I just felt too shy, all I wanted to do was go to my room. “How are you friends with Marie, she’s such a flirt and you’re so normal.” Greg finally said breaking the silence.

“She’s not that bad.” I laughed and they all nodded eyes wide. “Really?”

“She’s really bad, slept with him.” Oliver stated elbowing Alex and my mouth dropped open. “You didn’t know?”

“No!” I gasped and Alex nodded leaning forwards.

“She’s not who you think she is.” He stated, “You are Ebony Black, no matter who you really are you’ve got the notoriety of being the only Black at Hogwarts, she likes that.”

“It’s alright Eb; you can be one of us.” Oliver chuckled roughing my hair up as I sat in shock. “I’ve always wanted a girl in our group.”

“Thanks Oll.” I frowned pinching his arm as everyone else settled back to whatever they were talking about before.

---

I watched as Ebony tried to slip from the great hall only to be called over by Oliver Wood, watching her has been a pastime of mine since she joined the team. Everything she did seemed to be done in such a way that no one noticed, but when you did you couldn’t stop noticing her.

“I think Wood’s just told Black her friend’s using her.” Tom stated suddenly, everyone around us turned and looked down to where Ebony was sitting with Wood and his friends, her eyes wide as Alex Grain whispered something to her. “Shit’s gonna go down.”

“I dunno she doesn’t seem the type to flip out and go ape shit.” I shrugged and everyone else agreed. “I wanna go to the common room and see what happens next.”

“Oh me too!” Louise, Greg’s girlfriend stated jumping up to her feet and ordering us all out of the great hall and into the common room.

The whole common room waited keeping half an eye on Ebony and Marie, what would they do once the secrets out. Would Marie go onto a huge tirade and sleep with every male possible or will Ebony punch her for being a whore. I’m hoping for the second.

“Hey Eb!” Marie giggled waving her over when she came in with Wood and his friends.

“Hey, I’m gonna go bed am really tired, talk to you later?” she asked yawning as she headed towards the stairs.

A disappointed sigh ran the room as no scene was created, is it bad that here we live for those? Gossip means nothing, if there’s not some huge fall out every now and then.