Chapter 13-Business Not Pleasure (just revised)

Dimitri's POV

Dimitri and his entourage drove just on the outskirts of the city and if all goes well, there will be $12 million in his bank account and weapons from his warehouse hold be shipped.

That would be it for this month and he was glad they finally got everything down to a routine and it was all working like clock work, allowing him to focus on his legitimate businesses, his night clubs, Fusion, in Ufa and Zeus in downtown Moscow.

He couldn't wait to take Carina to Fusion. He knew she would love it.

His phone pinging brought his attention back to the present. His SUV pulled up outside of the row of abandoned warehouses and sitting in front of them was an unmarked truck.

A few moments later two men got out and Dimitri sent two men from his vehicle.

A verbal exchange took place and they returned to their prospective vehicles with information.

Dimitri's phone rang and he picked up. "Alexandrov" he said all business.

"Ah Dimitri, it's so good to hear your voice. You are well?" Costas asked.

 "Da, Don Costas I am well. You?"

The men continued their chat and then Costas said "All has checked out as I knew it would and the transfer will take place in 30. Dimitri how's our girl?" he asked referring to Carina.

"She's amazing and I'm starting to wonder why we had to wait so long."

Leo didn't say anything for a bit then said "You know why Dimitri."

Alexandrov sighed. "Yes I do" he said and then laughed saying "She called me Mikhail last night."

Costas laughed and said "Uh oh she's going to keep you in line my boy." Dimitri didn't doubt it for a second.

They continued to speak of further arrangements when Dimitri received a ping on his other phone. "Leo, I just got notification of the transfer. Good doing busy with you again my friend."

The men said their goodbyes and Dimitri and his men took their leave.

Marco kept Dimitri apprised of their outing and had him promise to have Carina back by 5 for dinner at 6.

Carina was still in the dress shop, Marco informed him, saying she was with a personal shopper and they were looking at dresses.

Marco told him that she was almost done and that she had chosen a black lace dress, with matching black lace dress.

Carina's POV

Carina paid for the dress while the sales woman bagged the garment, then saying thank you, she handed her the receipt; now on to shop for Dimitri.

Marco took her to Maurice Badler on Park Avenue to shop for Dimitri and immediately Carina saw some platinum and emerald cuff links and white gold and onyx cuff links and finally a simple platinum pair with scroll work.

She took all three pair and had dropped $2,500 when it was all said and done,  but the excitement she felt knowing he would love them, meant everything.

She was thrilled when she was able to talk Marco into lunch but he wouldn't let her pay for it.  On the upside, she learned a lot about Marco and came to really respect the man.

Carina was pleased with her hair; it was curled with large loose curls, her eyes smoky and dramatic, nude lip gloss and she used extra mascara to make her eyes pop; now her panties, a black lace thong, and finally the dress.

She was thankful that her cleavage wasn't as prominent as she first thought but you could definitely see her tattoo...she was his, her body said so.

Grabbing her black lace heels, she walked back to the bathroom for her perfume and then stepped into her shoes while retrieving her phone, she waited for his call.

She didn't have to wait long, right at 6 her phone rang, her heart still skipping a beat when she saw the caller ID...Di.

"Dimitri" his name rolling off her tongue.

"Watch how you say my name Carina or I will have you in my bed" his voice low and husky.

Carina-1...Dimitri-0. She smiled and said "The night is still young and I very much plan on being in your bed by night's end."

She heard him sigh and then he said "Have Marco bring your sexy ass down...now." She hung up smiling, grabbed the bag for Dimitri and went to find Marco.

Marco escorted her as far as the dining room where she was handed off to the manager of the restaurant, a pretty older lady named Margaret Peele.

"Good evening Ms. Romanov. I hope you've enjoyed your stay thus far?" She returned the pleasantries, telling the woman that the hotel was beautiful.

"Mr. Alexandrov is waiting for you in the private dining room. Please follow me." She couldn't help but notice eyes on her as they walked through the restaurant, but she didn't let it bother her because she was just another woman and couldn't really figure out why they would be staring at her.

As they got closer, she saw Dimitri's huge frame taking up most of the door way and her breath hitched a little.

He was wearing fitted black dress pants and a gray collared button down dress shirt that accentuated his muscles that went on for days and then came the panty-dropping smile.

She almost lost it but played it cool even though she had been dying all day being away from him.

She gave him a slow sexy smile as the manager told them to enjoy their dinner.

Dimitri put his hand in the small of her back, leading her to their table and the reaction from that skin-on-skin contact was excruciatingly hot.

He pulled out her chair but before she sat down, he turned to her and he said "You had the attention of every man in the restaurant." Was he jealous, proud or a little of both?

She reached her hand to his face, looked up through long lashes and said "But I only want the attention of one man."

That earned her brownie points galore as he moved her hair away from her neck, placed an open mouth kiss in that one spot that drives her crazy and then murmured in her ear "Good answer and by the way you look very edible in that dress."

She smiled. This night was just going to get better and better.