The guy next door

Start from the beginning

"Alright guys let's get started," my director smiled. I sadly looked towards him excepting the fact that Harry wasn't coming. After choir I had lunch. I sat down with my tray next to Kaylee and some of our other friends.

"So how was choir?" Kaylee asked winking.

"He wasn't there," I explained sadly.

"Oh, that's kind of weird," she replied.

"I told you something was wrong." We sat there and ate our food and talked about the dance that was coming up.

"So our you guys going with anyone?" My friend Morgan asked.

"I'm not even going. Dances are stupid," Kaylee informed her.

"What about you Y/N?"

"Uh I don't know, I mean no one has asked me," I said shyly.

"She's hoping Harry will ask her," Kaylee smirked. I rolled my eyes. It was not a secret among my friends that I liked Harry. Before I could say anything my bother came up to me.

"Hey," he said before kicking my chair playfully. I turned and punched him and laughed.

"What's up Gordy?" I noticed that he had Harry's backpack on his shoulder.

"Harry got sick in the middle of Spanish. I taking his stuff to the office. He wants to know if you'll stop by after school and give him the homework assignment." My friends started to giggle behind me.

"Uh, y-yeah, sure," I stuttered. He gave me a weird look and nodded.

"Yeah, ok. I'll see you in a bit." He patted my shoulder before heading off to the office.

"Looks like today is your lucky day," Morgan teased.

"Oh please it's just the homework assignment."

"It all starts with a homework assignment. Next he'll ask you to the dance then he'll propose on the dance floor. It'll be so romantic!" Kaylee said dramatically.

"You guys are ridiculous." They laughed and I rolled my eyes and smiled. I couldn't sit still for the rest of the day. Time was passing so slow. When the end of the day finally rolled around I walked to my brother locker.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah let's get out of here." We walked to his car and we started towards home. I anxiously held the homework assignment in my hand.

"So, I've got a question for you." I looked over at my brother. "Haz. You like him don't you?" My face got red and I looked down.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied. Gordon chuckled.

"Y/N I know you a little better than that. Haz is a good guy. I'd be ok with that."

"Really?"

"Sure. Course I'd kick his ass if he kissed you." He shot me a side smile.

"Shut up Gordy!" He laughed

"Seriously though. Harry's a great guy. If I was forced to pick someone for my little sister I'd be alright with Hazza."

"Well I'm so glad I have your permission," I replied sarcastically.