Chapter 7

*KENZIE'S POV*

  My eyes barely took in the retreating figures of my two friends because they didn't want to waste time taking in the sexy boy next to me. Who, by the way, still had his hand casually placed on lower back, right under where my top ended, as if he did this every day. 

  If it was up to me, he could do it every day.

  "Hey you." I grinned at Niall over the rim of my cup and proceeded to take another swallow.

  "Hey you." His grin grew wider and I could feel a slight blush explode on my chest. This kid was not just hot or sexy he was absolutely beautiful. His perfectly done hair and loose bro tank with his low riding but semi fit jeans...I could stare at him forever. And when I reached his eyes again and realized that I actually was staring I faked a cough and stepped out of his hold.

  This wasn't like me at all. 

  "Uh, how long have you been here?" I began to walk towards the heavily packed living room, and within seconds he was following behind me.

  "Well Dylan and I came early ta help get stuff set up, so basically since the beginning." We stopped every now and then to say hello to a few people who weren't too occupied with dancing or making out before finally securing an open spot on the long cream couch. The couple beside us was making wet slurping noises and their heavy breathing was impossible to ignore. Even in the darkened room, I caught a glimpse of exactly where the petite blonde girl's hand was and shivered.

  I scrunched up my nose and completely faced Niall who had lazily laid his arm along the back of the couch with the other draped over the arm rest. I closed any possible distance between us and then sadly finished off what was left in my cup. "So how are you and my little Dill by the way?" 

  I couldn't help but notice how his lip twitched slightly when I added in the "my Dill", but the rest of his face didn't show a thing. 

  "He seems really cool an I don't tink we are gonna have any problems rooming. I even said I'd help him with learning how ta play the guitar." I knew this was the point in the conversation where I should fawn over the fact that he played an instrument, but I didn’t. I wanted the guy to do some work for me to be impressed; yet in reality his breathing was enough to leave me in awe.

  "Aw, just a heads up, you have your work cut out for you." I started to laugh remembering how bad his first go at playing was and Niall just scratched the back of his head.

  "Oh, I've never came across a challenge tat I can't handle." I could feel his stare taking on a deeper meaning and I giggled again before moving my legs to hang over his.

  "Oh really?" I looked him straight in the eyes to gauge how he was handling everything, and from the half smirk he gave me, I knew I had him hooked.

  "Mhm, I like taking em on." He bit the edge of his lip and his gaze fell down to my own glossed ones.

  Any other day, I would have just grabbed the poor kid's face then and there and we would be in the same position as the couple next to us who were still going at it. 

  But it was too early to just give in.

  "Well I can't wait to see how that plays out. I know it means a lot to Dylan to have a guy friend around." Even though I was purposely using Dylan as a mini cock block, my words still rang true. I knew it was hard for him to put up with me and Simone on the daily and it would do him some good to have some testosterone in his corner. 

  "Yeah, why doesn't he hang out with many guys then? He seems ta spend most of his time with you an Simone. Um...is dere something going on with you an him..." His words trailed off slowly and he cleared his throat a few times, unsure of how to finish the sentence.