Best Kind of Revenge

2-15-16

Dear kids,

I know, the title makes it seem like I'm allowing you to go plot a murder. This is just something I'm realizing now after being out a relationship for a little bit. It may not make sense now, but trust me, one day you'll thank me.

The best kind of revenge to get on your ex is being successful and happy. This can go both ways with guys and girls, and no this doesn't mean in order to be happy you need to be dating someone else. Just working on yourself and trying to be even better than you were when with the last person is something to aim for. They'll realize they lost the best thing in their life and won't be able to get you back!

And sometimes you won't be able to remain on good terms with someone that you dated. THAT IS OKAY. It just means you aren't compatible, there's nothing wrong with that. But if that's the case, don't keep trying to contact them and become a stalker... I'm starting to experience that and it's not pleasant, it makes you or that person look utterly pathetic. So take the hint and move on with your life.

Maybe that seems harsh but it's much needed. I'm done with trying to please people for the "right" reasons, if they can't accept me then they can just get out of my life. Once you realize that you can't make everyone happy, life gets a little bit more manageable.

I know this will make sense one day when you're going through a breakup, you can thank me then.

Love always,
Mom (20)