Chapter 1: Nightmare

the picture is suppose to be of Yuki and her mother, but you have to imagine that Yuki is a little  younger. 

Yuki's POV

My heart pounded as I saw the fire spreading across the village. People were screaming in pain as they fell to the ground one by one. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I cuddle into my mother embrace. 

Blood was covering her kimono as she whispered into my ear "please Yuki don't cry". I tried calling my mothers name, but could not cause smoke had already began to fill my lunges and dry out my mouth. She ran down a small ally with me, while two men were running but few meter behind her. 

The path was suddenly block by a wall and my mother turned around only to see the ninjas right in front of her. She scream loudly as one was about to force down his sword. Blood covered my mothers kimono as the ninja fell to the floor. He had been cut into two pieces and the other ninja had lost his head. 

A man wearing samurai uniform rushed to my mothers side and hugged her. He looked down at me and took me into his arms. "we need to leave my dear" he said and grabbed onto my mothers hand. 

They ran into the forest near the small village, but they could hear the enemy coming closer to them. The man placed my small body in the bushes and laid two katana's next to me. 

"please yuki you must live" he mumbled as he place a kiss on his little baby girls forehead. The woman cried as she place a necklace, with two dragons engraved into a white crystal, on top of the swords. 

They both covered up the little baby and ran away from me. The enemy footsteps followed the direction of my parents and tears streamed down my cheeks as I heard them both scream in pain. 

"yuki, Yuki wake up" a voice yelled as my tiny body began to shake. 

Itachi POV

I walked down the halls of the akatsuki headquarters on my way to pick up Yuki. When I was about to grab onto the doorknob to Yuki room, I heard screams coming from inside. I opened the door and could see yuki  crying as she screamed for help. Her with nightgown had been covered  in sweat and her stuffed animal thrown down onto the floor. 

I walked over to her bed and took  down onto my lap while embracing her tightly. Softly I called her name, not wanting to scar her even more. She opened her eyes and rubbed them with her small hands. She was shaking and looked up at me with her ice blue eyes. My heart skipped a beat as I slowly rubbed her back telling her everything was alright. 

"did you have that dream again" I said as the crying turned into sobbing. She nodded her head and did her best she could to embrace me. I pained me too see her suffering this much and not being able to do anything about it. 

"Itachi nii-chan, why did does men took away my parents" she mumbled while looking up at me with the most innocent gaze. My eyes fell on the large white rabbit that had fell down onto the floor. I grabbed onto it and handed it over to her. 

"Yuki, sometimes bad things happen without any reason" I said to her, as a sensation of guilty filled my body. Pain had forbidden us to tell Yuki the reason her parents died when she was a baby, because he did not wish for her too seek out revenge. He had also forbidden Yuki to leave headquarters without anyone to escort her, since she was not strong enough to protect herself yet. 

Yuki POV 

I looked up at onii-chan as I hugged my white rabbit while still sitting on his lap. My rabbit had the symbol of the akatsukis on its bag and was given to me by Sasori. I hugged the rabbit knowing that it would never leave me like my parents had to. I hated those people that killed my parents, but no matter how hard I tried, I could simply not remember what they looked like. 

"Yuki-chan" Itachi said while removing a lock of hair from my eyes. I nodded looking at him with puppy eyes saying "what is it, onii-chan". A soft smile form on his lips as he said "Pain told me to come and get you". A smile came on my face as I heard pains name. Whenever Pain wanted to see me, he would always give me some sweets and tea. 

Itachi POV

"I will go outside and you go get change okay" I said, while placing her down onto the ground. She gave me half a salute and walked over to white closet with cherry blossom painted onto it. A sigh escaped my lips as I walked out of the door to her room waiting for her to get changed.