Uris: Dancing in the Chasm Shadows

Hey guys! This was the original first chapter of the sequel. Everyone should already know I am not doing the sequel, but I wanted to give you guys this chapter. Have fun! :)

Uriah's POV

I look at her long blonde hair and sigh. She looks so much like Tris. I hope she doesn't leave me. Tomorrow is the Choosing Ceremony. She walks over to me and hugs me.

"See you this afternoon, Dad," she walks over to the door and turns back. She skips out the door, slowly shutting it and the door ending up making a slamming noise.

I walk over to the couch and sit. I sigh deeply, while looking out of the window. I see her running around with her friends and laughing. I was never able to get Tris out of my head.

I won't be able to manage if she leaves me. She can't. She won't. She wouldn't.

***

Aurelian's POV

I walk out the front door with my hair flowing behind me. I never knew my mum, but my dad is the best dad ever. I trail behind my group of friends. Today will be the day I find out which faction I will choose.

I'm pretty sure I will be Dauntless, but I still need to know. The wind brushes my face and I laugh with my friends. Dakota and Rachel's loud chatter echoes through the empty, ruined buildings.

The rumble gets kicked up and fly's around us. I laugh along with them and we finally get to school. We are so nontraditional, because we don't go to school on the train. Personally, I really hate the trains.

We walk in the school, together. We all enter the cafeteria and the loud noises surround us. We are enveloped by a group of Dauntless and everyone quiets down.

A loud voices says a few peoples' names and everyone then continues to talk a bit quieter. After a few more rounds names, I finally hear my name. I rise up slowly and walk to my door.

The door creaks open and I slowly enter, being careful not to touch anything. I see a young woman covered with tattoos,"Hey! I'm Kat, and I'm going to be your Aptitude test administrator," she says cheerfully.

I've seen Kat before, but I never really spoke to her.

I walk over and lay on the fold-out chair. The cold fabric touches my skin and I flinch. I quickly ease back into it and she starts to plug cords into me. She hands me a transparent cup that looks similar to an hourglass.

The liquid is a clear blue looking thing and she shrugs at me. I trust her and throw the liquid down my throat. The world around me slowly starts spend spinning and I easily get dizzy.

***

Mirrors shine around me, filled with pictures of me from different ages? If I lift my arm up, all the other me's lift their arms' up. I loud voice echoes around me,"Choose..."

I immediately recognize it as Kat's and I look around. I see a table with a knife and a piece of cheese. I run and pick up the knife. A low growl comes from my left. I spin my body and stare. I am met by a wolf.

It creeps towards me. I shake me head and try to push it away with my arms. My arms wave uselessly in the air and wolf continues to creep forwards. I throw the knife at the wolf and it flys above its head; barely grazing its fur.

Well that failed, I think to myself.

The wolf slows down and crawls to me. He bows his head before me and a light voice travels around me,"Puppy!" I turn my head and see an Abnegation girl walking to us. I feel my safety from the wolf and bolt at the dog. I push the dog away and the ground around all of us falls away. I am captivated by the darkness surrounding us.

The next thing I know, I am sitting in a bus. The bus is engulfed by the Factionless outside. A crazy man walks over to me and shakes my shoulder. I look at his face and see a massive, bloodied scar on his face. He looks at me after scanning the outside of the bus. He throws a newspaper in my face and shouts violently,"Do you know this man? If you do, it will save all our lives!"

I shake my head continuously. "I have seen him before, but I don't know where!" I practically have to shout to get my voice over the noise of the outside.

He continues, while staring at me,"JUST TRY AND REMEMBER! YOU CAN SAVE ALL OF US!" I look around the bus and see only us sitting in the reflection of the window. I look out the window and see the dark night sky drifting above. I look around myself and see the faces of the Factionless. I know some of these people. I then whisper something that deeply surprises me and the man in front of me.

"This isn't real."

***

My body shakes and I wake up, with sweat on my forehead and my heart rate raising sharply. I breathe out deeply and open my eyes forcefully.

The light blinds my eyes and I sit up. Kat sit there with a worried look on her face,"Uh... Your results were inconclusive. That means you are Divergent. You can't tell anyone, or else it could kill you."

My arms tremble and I look at her. My breathing is slow,"What factions?" my voice stutters. While she look at her computer screen, I look at her tattoos.

Her body is covered with them and her head slightly bows down as she looks at the screen.

Her fingers brush the front of her face and she sighs,"Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Erudite and Dauntless..." Her voice quivers as she says the last four factions.

I have one question fighting its way into my mouth. "What faction do I choose?"

Kat stares at me long and hard before finally replying. "I can't tell you, but just remember one thing. Your choice will define you."

With that, I leave the room using the back exit. The scene with the man in the bus replays in my mind; stuck on repeat. I bang my head on the wall. I wince in pain and groan.

I walk around, going no particular way. I get chills when I see some Factionless around me. It reminds me of all the Factionless surrounding the bus; trying to break in.

I take a slight detour and end up out the front of Erudite. It isn't as busy as it normally is. Then again, I don't really come here often. The train comes around and I jump up onto it.

My hair swings over my shoulder, as I sweep my legs up onto the train. The wind brushes over my partly bare neck. I then hear a noise to my left. My head swings towards it instantly.

My eyes are met by a boy's. He wears mostly faded blue and a bit of red. I instantly recognise him as Factionless. He slips out from behind a crate and whisper,"Hello..."

"Stay away," I say with my voice breaking. My eyes scan my surrounding around.

"And why would I do that?"

You don't need to, I think. I let myself fall backwards out of the train. His face becomes shocked as I glide backwards.

Splash.

***

The cold water engulfs me and I swim upwards. The water falls down my throat and I start choking. My arms flail and I can't breathe. I finally reach the air and I have a coughing attack.

I inhale the air and sigh; glad to be alive.

Hope you all enjoyed! Love ya <3

-DivergTHG