Chapter 1

Tris' POV

As I'm getting ready, I realize that today's the choosing ceremony. I wear a grey dress, with grey shoes and a cardigan. As my mum cuts my hair she asks me,"Are you scared?"

'I'm terrified," I reply, slightly nodding my head. I wish I had a few more days to decide. How do they expect us to choose this sort of thing?

We take the bus, but we stand up because we offer our seats to other people. We arrive at the grand building where the choosing ceremony is held. I sit by Caleb and my mother, as Marcus says his speech about the factions' virtues.

I zone out thinking about what faction I will choose. I consider my three options. Erudite, Abnegation and Dauntless. Marcus yells," Uriah Pedrad," and a cute boy comes up to the bowls from Dauntless. He has brown eyes, tan skin and short brown hair.

He picks Dauntless.

I suddenly know I must choose Dauntless because I would meet him there and we would, both be in initiation at the same time. I know I shouldn't be worried about boys right now, just the simple fact that I want to get through initiation.

I am snapped out of my thoughts as my brother's name is called. I jump slightly. He makes his way to the stage and instantly slits his hand and squeezes his blood into water. Erudite. He chooses our enemy faction. Our parents look shocked and angry and gasps come from every faction.

Except for Erudite.

Caleb then makes his way into the sea of blue and I lose track of his. I then hear Marcus yell my name. I make my way to the stage and Marcus hands me the knife. I consider my options. I then swing my hand over the Dauntless bowl of coal, (I dare you to say 'bowl of coal' 10 times fast!) as my blood drips into it. I hear gasps, but not as many as before.

I am Dauntless, I repeat to myself constantly. I walk over to Dauntless and the only open seat is next to Uriah Pedrad. He turns to me and introduces himself,"Hi! I'm Uriah. The bravest Dauntless cake eater in Dauntless."

"So I've heard... My name is... Beatrice."I mumble the last part.

"Well, you can change your name now your are Dauntless," he says enthusiastically.

"Ok, well... My new name is... Uh, Tris."

"Ok then. Uh Tris, welcome to Dauntless!"

For the rest of the ceremony, he flashes smiles at me.

At the end of the ceremony all the Dauntless run down a flight of stairs. I pant, trying to catch my breath. Then we have to climb.

I look down and see Uriah grinning at me. He has an amazing smile. Once he is up he screams,"JUMP!" and I do. He then jumps on after me. I see a Candor. She has dark skin and her name is Christina. We end up chatting for a while.

We arrive at a large building. Very high up from the ground and we have to jump, once again. Uriah grabs my hand and we jump together. When he grabbed my hand I felt butterflies.

-------------------------

Hello everyone.

I have been given this fan-fic, by the lovely cutebunny1405!

Thank you for reading and goodbye!