chapter twenty-four

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter twenty-four

I nervously paced back and forth in my bedroom, wanting to know what the end result of the painting would be. It had been only a week since I had given the painting over to Blue for him to continue where I had left off but not only was I nervous to see what my first painting with someone else would look like but also because of the fact of what he would be doing in the painting. I knew that what he would be doing in the painting would be what he would feel natural and a part of me really, really wanted the thought of him leaning down and kissing me being natural. I knew that I couldn't push my luck though but when I heard the sound of a car pull into the driveway I couldn't hold in anymore patience anymore.

I ran downstairs and almost tripped down the stairs, but managed to pick my feet up. I passed by the family photograph of me and my parents and went up to the front door. I yanked it open and ran out, feeling the cold air around me nip at me and make me realize that I was only human but I didn't care at the moment if I would end up being sick. Blue got out of the car and went towards the back seat where he pulled out the painting and there was a white sheet over it.

"I know...you want to see it right now but I want it to be a surprise," Blue told me and I couldn't help but groan, feeling the excitement rise within me. I wanted nothing more than for us to go ahead and get upstairs so that he could place the painting on the easel and then he would yank off the white sheet and I would see the painting.

"Fine, but get inside. I want to see it," I responded and he sighed before I went over and shut the back door shut behind him. We shuffled in doors and I shivered as I came in, relishing the feeling of the warmth.

"You go ahead and go upstairs. I'm going to get some hot chocolate," I informed him and Blue nodded his head before he went up the stairs and headed in the direction of where my bedroom was. I entered the kitchen and pulled out the mug that I usually used to make hot chocolate in.

Bringing out the hot chocolate mix, I put the hot chocolate mix and some milk into it before placing it in the microwave and let the microwave heat up the hot chocolate. When it was done I let it set for a minute before I brought it out and blew on it, taking in some good sips of hot chocolate so that I could warm up.

When I was warmed up enough, I sat it down on the kitchen counter and headed up the stairs. As soon as I entered my bedroom I knew that I would be warmed up from the painting in front of me, with or without having to drink hot chocolate.