chapter thirteen

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter thirteen

Before long, Blue and I would walk together to the art room and sit next to each other. I was surprised though when I was in my english class and I looked up and found that Blue was entering the classroom. The teacher said something about him moving from his other class and into the A.P English class that I was currently in. I flickered my eyes over everyone, finding that they had glanced at him before turning away from him. I knew that they were interested in finding more about him, since we always were made to write a five page poem in the style of one of the great poets and read it to the class.

That wasn't until the end of the year though.

I turned my head to the side and found that the teacher was pointing her finger to the vacant seat that was next to me. Blue turned his head and I found that he had a look of surprise across his features too, at the fact that he had more than one class with me. It was the last block of the day, and I kind of liked the idea of beginning and ending school with him.

I would have something to look forward to when it came to getting ready to end the school day. I ducked my head down and pushed my glasses up with my finger, as though thinking that he was going to peer at me and gaze at me with those soft bluish gray irises. I silently scorned myself, wondering why I was so attracted to boys with bluish gray irises but knew that it wouldn't change anything.

So instead my eyes flickered up and towards him when he was actually heading towards the desk in next to me. He sat down and let his things fall around him and onto his desk before he pulled a notebook out and began to write in it when the teacher was talking. I sighed, wishing that he would talk to me but when the teacher turned around and began to write against the white board I was greeted with Blue writing something down and then putting it down on my desk. I arched my eyebrow and then looked down, reading at what it said.

Hi, Azalea.

I felt a goofy smile rise across my features at the fact that he had written to me, and blushing I looked down and began to write back to him.

Hi, Blue.

He took the piece of paper when the teacher wasn't paying attention and wrote down on it again before passing it back to me.

Just so you know, I like your dream. It's the same as mine.

I widened my eyes and looked up at him, wondering if he was just saying that but he just smiled a secret smile and I didn't know what to say. Sadly we couldn't continue our conversation because the teacher turned around and paid attention to her students for the rest of the block, making it impossible for us to pass notes to each other.