chapter twenty

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter twenty

I nervously stood in front of my mirror, questioning the girlie girl that was within me. I stood, standing in a white turtle neck sweater dress along with a pair of black leggings and a pair of boots. My dad's old black leather jacket was on and my hair was curled. My glasses made a quirky look to the outfit and I shuffled back and forth in my room, wondering if this was a smart idea after all. I didn't even know if he would even notice.

It was too late for me to change out of my clothes because school would start soon. It was now time to leave and as I got my things together I was torn between Blue saying that he liked my outfit and hoping that he wasn't at school. Yes, that would be aggravating, to get dressed up for the one boy that I really, really...okay loved...and him not arrive to school but I would take that over any other day where he would scrunch his features together and tell me that he didn't even like the outfit that I was wearing because it wasn't me.

I sighed and went downstairs and got into my car, a small grin on my lips when Twenty-One Pilots began playing. Blue had actually burnt the whole CD when it came to the album that Stressed Out was on and I was happy that he had done so. Yeah, I kind of listened to them but I wasn't interested into them until I started to hear them more and was starting to give them a chance.

Reaching the high school, I sat in my driver's seat of my car for five minutes, not only to get as much warmth as I could before I would have to get out of my car and run towards the entrance of the high school but also because I had to gain enough courage to get out of my car. I did so, and with my short height and small figure I hoped that I would blend into the wall again. It helped, being five foot two and only a hundred pounds.

And for a while I did, until I reached the doorway where the art room was. I took a deep breath and told myself that everything was going to be okay before I entered the room and headed directly to the cubbies in the back. And as I sat my messenger bag into my cubby I didn't expect to hear a surprised voice behind me.

"Azalea?"

I slowly turned, waiting for the verdict, and was greeted with Blue having wide doe like eyes, as though he wasn't expecting me to dress like this. I didn't know if it was supposed to be a good or bad thing but when he blushed and looked down at his feet while rubbing the back of his neck I realized that it was a good thing.

"You look...really pretty," he whispered and then bit his lip and continued, "I mean you already look pretty...but anyway..."

He turned on his heel and shuffled to his seat. And as I walked towards my stool with a skip in my step I realized that I was the reason why Blue had done another first...

He had spoken in school.

Looking around, I saw that everyone was looking wide-eyed but I didn't care. I just loved the fact that the first thing he said in school was that he always thought I was pretty...and with that knowledge I knew that handsome indigo haired boy made my day.