chapter sixteen

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

chapter sixteen

I didn't know what to think when we came across my room and I opened my bedroom door before entering, but when I walked in I felt as though I was naked and revealed all that was me to the boy that was in front of me. I went over to my easel and picked up a blank canvas and sat it down onto the easel, knowing that I needed to start a new painting. All my other paintings were on the walls around me, including a painting of my favorite French queen, Marie Antoinette. I flickered my eyes towards Blue, and found that he was walking around the room, taking in all that was around him and then he turned towards me and walked up to me.

"You don't think they suck, do you?" I asked him and almost flinched with the expectancy to have him tell me that I wasn't as good at being an artist than I thought I would. Blue rolled his eyes and chuckled a little bit, as though he couldn't believe what had just been ushered out of my lips. He let his eyes flicker towards mine again.

"You don't suck, Azalea. You're a wonderful artist," Blue reassured me and I nodded my head before turning my head towards the blank canvas that was in front of me. He craned his head to the side and then spoke again, "what are you thinking about painting?"

"I don't know...wait, I just thought of something crazy!" I suddenly spoke, and then turned my head towards him and blushed, "I was thinking that...maybe we could paint something together? We don't have"-

"I think that's a cool idea," Blue responded and I opened my eyes and looked up at him, a sense of marvel appearing across my features and in my eyes at the fact that he wasn't disgusted with the idea of painting with me.

"Really? Well....I was thinking that we could paint maybe you and me? You know...with the stars behind us?" I probed this towards him, wondering why I hadn't thought of what I was going to say to him, and that it spilled out of my lips faster than I could even think them. I looked down at my shoes, fear in my heart and mind at the thought of him scoffing at the idea of having a portrait of him and me with the night sky behind us.

"Yeah, I like that. So do you want to start that this weekend? I could come over," Blue probed back towards me and I nodded my head before he smiled, told me that he had to go, and then reached forward and looked as though he was going to hug me but contained himself. I sighed as he left my house and then couldn't help but let out an airy sigh and fall backwards onto my bedspread, not believing that I was actually going to paint a portrait of me and Blue with the night sky, the galaxy, behind us.