Chapter 11: Curing the Kanima

I wait outside the locker room as the boys leave, all with their heads down due to the loss of Jackson. I wait until Coach walks out to go in. "That everyone?" Scott asks.

"Yep." I say, closing the door behind me. I turn back to see a twisted locker door fall to the ground. 

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asks, watching as Scott takes out Stiles' shirt. 

"Yeah, we both are." Scott says, handing Isaac a shoe. 

"But how come you get a shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac complains. I scoff and glance around the room until I meet a set of green eyes. I guess Scott heard my heart rate accelerate because he turned to me and followed my eyes. 

"We need to talk." Derek says as I inch behind Isaac. Another man appears behind Derek. He looks familiar, but I don't know from where. 

"All of us." The mystery man says, looking from Scott to me. 

He looks me up and down, making me shrink back as Scott exclaims, "Holy sh--! What the hell is this?!"

"You know I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station." Derek accuses, narrowing his eyes. 

"Ok, hold on. He-he threatened to kill my mom, and some... other people." He says slowly. "And I had to get close to him! What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one." The mystery man says. "Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

"Shut up!" Derek and Scott spit at the man. 

"Who's he?" Isaac asks, leaning towards Scott.

"He's Peter, Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire and then Derek slashed his throat." Derek rolls his eyes as Peter looks at the beta for the first time,

"Hi." He says, putting up his hand. 

"That's good to know." Isaac grimaces. 

"How is he alive?" Scott asks. Both of the Hales' eyes slide to me for a brief second. 

I move back uncertainly as Derek says through gritted teeth, "Look, short version is he knows how to stop Jackson, maybe even save him." 

"That's very helpful except Jackson's dead." Isaac says, looking at his alpha. 

"What?" Derek asks, just as confused as his uncle.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott explains. Derek looks at his uncle, who is in deep concentration. 

"Ok, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asks. 

"Because if Jackson's dead, it didn't just happen." Peter says. "Gerard wanted it to happen."

"Why?" Derek asks.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me that the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly." Peter says, walking forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we get to the Hale house, I become uneasy. I don't know what happened there those nights ago, but it wasn't good. Why should I go back?

Everyone enters the burnt house, but I stop at the front door. Scott notices and walks back slightly. "You ok?" He asks. I nod and walk in. Scott's phone beeps and I turn to him. "They found Stiles." He breathes out, his lips tugging up into a smile.