Chapter 6: Detention

We all walk into the library at 3:00. Allison sits with Jackson as I sit at a table with Scott, Stiles and Erica. I feel slightly uncomfortable sitting next to Erica, seeing as she wanted to kill me a few days ago, but not as uncomfortable as I would have been if I had to sit with Jackson. 

"Oh, we can't have detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson says as he sits down.

"All of these tools?" Mr. Harris replies. 

"Just us tools." Stiles says, pointing to him and Scott. 

"Fine, you two, over there." Mr. Harris points to another table as Jackson looks pissed. His mouth drops open as the boys move seats. 

"Are you going to talk to me?" Erica asks softly. 

"No." I say, looking at my wrist. 

"Why?"

"Because you tried to kill me." I say, giving her a forced smile. 

"Could you, like, forget that?" She asks. 

"Maybe." I say, looking away.

"What if I told you about Jackson's real parents?" She suggests, making me face her with intrigue. 

"Tell me." I say, letting her smirk come back to her face. 

"You might want to wait until Scott and Stiles are over here. You're still a supernatural noobie." She jokes.

I lean back in my seat and close my eyes. Not a minute later, I hear someone gasping in pain. Jackson stands up and grabs his bag, wincing. 

"You ok?" Matt asks.

"I-I need to use the bathroom." He mutters, walking out.

"Jackson, you ok?" Mr. Harris asks. "You don't look too good."

"I just need some water." Jackson says, hurrying away. 

"No one leaves their seats." Mr. Harris states before walking after Jackson. 

Scott and Stiles immediately rush over to us. "Stiles says that you know how Jackson's parents died." Scott says quickly.

"Maybe." Erica states, smirking slightly. I nudge her and she groans. "There was a car accident. My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll get when he turns 18."

"So not only is Jackson rich now, but he'll get even richer when he's 18?!" Stiles asks. 

"Yep." Erica replies.

"There is something deeply wrong with that." Stiles mumbles. 

"You know what," Erica says, oping her computer. I could try to find the insurance report in my dad's inbox. He keeps everything."

"Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office." The P.A system says before turning off. Scott looks at us worriedly before running to the office. 

About 5 minutes later, Jackson and Mr Harris come back in. 

"Look at the dates." Stiles says suddenly.

"'Passengers arrived at the hospital DOA. The estimated time of death... 9:26 P.M, June 14, 1995.'" Erica reads.

"Jackson's birthday is the 15th." Stiles says. 

I shiver slightly at the image. Both of them give me a look. "What? I really don't want to imagine baby Jackson being pulled from his mother's dead body." I whisper, trying to shake off the image.