Part 5 of Chapter 24: "The Date Part 4"

Depuis le début

“Are you sure you can handle this (y/n).” he asks.

“Of course! I love horror movies…” I say. “Besides, if I do get too scared, you're here to protect me, right?”

He chuckles and kisses my head.

“Absolutely.”

The movie begins to start.

“Would you like me to grab a blanket for us?” He whispers to me.

“Uh, sure.” I say, feeling shy. He leaves me alone as the movie continues to play. I reach into my bag and pull out the snacks, laying the at the floor near my feet and on the side of the couch where Bob wasn't sitting. I mindlessly suck down (fave soda) and chew (fave snack) as I watch the screen.

Suddenly, just as the beginning of the film becomes a tiny bit creepy, the lights go out. Not in the movie, in the apartment. I jump silently and look around.

“Bob, was that you?” There was no answer.

I had broken one of the most important rules of horror movies: Never call out into darkness or an empty area. The worse part is that I didn't get a response.

If this is a scary movie, calling out a second, third or, god forbid, a FOURTH time, would assure my death, so I keep my mouth shut.

(Okay. Maybe the power just went out… No, the movie is still playing…)

(Okay, what do I do in this situation? First, would this be a ghost or a killer situation? If it’s a ghost, I should run to the door right now. If it’s a killer, I should grab a weapon.)

I quickly stand up and turn around to face the darkness. I slowly tip-toe toward the door, getting ready to run.

A hand then covers my mouth and an arm wraps around my waist. My stomach drops, my heart stops and I scream loudly, only to have it be muffled. Before I can bite this hand, a kiss is placed on my temple. This instantly eases my fear, but just as quickly feeds my anger.

I pull Bob’s hand off my mouth, but he only moves it to my waist, making it impossible to escape.

“WHAT THE HELL BOB?!” I yell angrily. My hearts starts up again, only to be pounding loudly and rapidly. He just chuckles, pulling me closer each time I struggle.

I turn back just to confirm that it’s him, and it is. I turn away from him again and cross my arms.

“Darling, you're heart is racing.” He says directly in my ear, giving me goosebumps. He’s right. It feels like my heart will jump out of my chest.

“I hate you! How could you do that to me?!”

“Hehe, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it.” He says. “It was just too easy to resist. Forgive me?”

I fight back the smile forming on my face as he kisses my neck, my weak spot. I bite my lip and involuntarily tilt my head, giving him more room. I shut my eyes tightly as he continues, falling deeper under his spell.

(No! Don't you dare forgive him. He just scared you have to death!)

(Ohh~… )

(Crap, this feels way too good~ Ugh, I hate him so much!).

He stops kissing my neck, making me even more angry, and walks me back over to the couch and let's me sit down. I pause and rewind the movie to the very beginning. A cool, heavy blanket soon covers my head. I pull it down so that my head pokes out. Bob then slips underneath the comforter and pulls me toward him.

We get into a comfortable cuddle position. We tangle our legs together and press our chests to each others as well, closing space between us. My arms are around his neck and his are locked around my waist.