I was so angry at him, livid to the point where I don't think I could look at him without screaming at him and bursting into a river of tears, but I was also so curious. I wanted answers for why he had done this, why he decided not to share that part of his life with me. I couldn't decide what I was more: angry or curious.

There had to be a reason why.

I had been walking around Haven Harbour and Sydney with a famous celebrity for almost half a year and had absolutely no idea. I felt so incredibly stupid.

Ari left a little while later, leaving me to sulk a bit more until Gracie came downstairs saying she was hungry.

I wasn't really in the mood to cook tonight but I was still parent to two kids and I didn't really have much of a choice.

I made grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, accidentally grabbing the ingredients for four and then realising, putting some back.

Gracie sat at the bar and ate while I leaned against the counter taking tiny bites of my food. I wasn't hungry.

Ender still hadn't come downstairs and I was getting annoyed.

"Ender, dinners ready!" I called up the steps and a few minutes later he came down, sitting at the bar and looking down at his sandwich as he ate.

He then left his plate on the counter and went back to his room when he was done which aggravated me even farther. Tonight was not the night for his bratty games.

Pissed off, I marched up to his room and opened his door. He was sitting on his bed reading a comic book.

"Can you go do your dishes please?" I asked him politely, trying not to snap at him.

"No." He answered, not even looking up at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my eyes wide in disbelief.

"I said no." He said and I lost it.

"I'm not in the mood for your eleven year old attitude crap. Go downstairs and wash your dishes." I said through my teeth.

"Tell me why Ashton isn't here and then I'll do it." He said looking up at me.

"I don't have to tell you anything."

"Oh, so you can act like a jerk to me but I can't act like one to you? That's fair." He said in a snobbish tone.

"Exactly. Because I'm the adult."

"Why won't you just tell me, he's part of my life too you know?"

"Okay you want to know? Fine. Ashton is in a band."

"What?" Ender asked, looking confused.

"He's in a band. A pretty famous one at that?"

"You're mad at him because he's in a band? That's stupid."

"No, I'm mad at him because he's been lying to us for the past six months about who he is." I fired back.

"Well now you know, can't you get over it?"

"No I can't just get over it. He betrayed me Ender."

"Whatever." Ender shook his head.

I breathed heavily, trying to calm myself down.

"I want your dishes washed in five minutes or your grounded for two weeks." I said and walked out of his room, slamming the door shut behind me.

Gracie was still downstairs so I called her up so I could give her her bath.

"Is Daddy going to say goodnight?" She asked me as I sat her in the bubbles and my heart broke even more than it already had.

"Not tonight, love." I gave her a soothing smile and continued to get her cleaned up.

After she was dried off I got her into her pyjamas.

"Hey Gracie, why don't you sleep in my bed with me tonight." I told her and she nodded happily, grabbing her bunny, Ellie the elephant, and Olaf in her tiny arms and waddling up the stairs.

Thankfully Ender had washed his dishes so I turned off the lights and locked the front door before heading to bed so I could try and sleep this off.

It didn't help that my sheets smelled like him. Every time I turned in the blankets it was like getting slapped in the face with the reminder of what he did.

I didn't sleep that night.

The next morning was an absolute nightmare trying to get the kids together. I didn't realise how much Ashton actually did for me until he wasn't there.

The travel situation was unique.

Ender rode his bike while I sat Gracie in my lap and rode my bike a little slower to the school. Thankfully she didn't fall off.

When I got back to the house she decided to play with Bear who Ari had brought back yesterday as well outside in the front yard.

I was in the shop with the door open, sitting at the computer when my phone rang.

My worst fear confirmed, it was Ashton.

I couldn't talk to him, not yet.

I let it ring twice before I hit decline, sending him to voicemail.

--

okay, poor carter:(

I feel bad for them both.

as always, vote and comment if you'd like, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

much love xx -m