The Train Ride (part 2) Ebony Night

After dinner we go to watch the Reapings. The girl never stops looking at my necklace, and I never stop looking at her pin.

I find out on the Reaping her name is Medala Wren. Her distict partner is another 12 year old. I can't remember his name, but maybe he could be an ally? The other tributes are normal, like usual. The Careers are big and bloodthirsy, everyone else is scared. Only the Careers seem like competitiors but who knows? Anyone of those people could kill me.

Even the girl sitting next to me with the mockingjay pin. Medala. The thought scares me. I sit stock still until the reapings are finished and we are sent to do whatever we want to do. I go to my room, and start pacing. I don't want to sleep because it is obvious that nighmares will awake me. But I don't want to stay in my room, where I feel claustrophobic. I walk out my room to explore the train again. I see Medala softly knock on my brothers door. He must tell her to come in because she opens the door and walks in, shutting it behind. I am suddenly intrigued to why this girl is talking with my brother, so I silently run up and put my ear to the door.

I hear Serinity first. "GET THE HELL OUT MY ROOM YOU RANDOM GIRL!"

I smile a bit. I like it when anyone annoys Serinity. Then I hear Medala's voice, soft as velvet.

"I'm sorry. I got lost. I was looking for your sister." I hear Serinity sigh.

"Why does everyone like that little bitch? She's useless and annoying. If you want a USEFUL ally, speak to me, ok? Now get out." But I don't hear footsteps. Medala answers him back, something I never dared to do.

"But what if I want your sister. What if I don't want you for an ally?"

Serinity stamps his foot. "Then it's your loss! Anyone who hangs around my sister will end up a bloodbath tribute just like her. Now get LOST!"

A tear runs down my face and splashes on the immaculate Capitol carpet. I knew I was going to die, but to hear Serinity point it out so cruelly...

I walk away from the door and to my own room, tears still brimming in my eyes. I hear a door slam behind me and a voice shout "Hey. Ebony, wait up!"

I turn around and Medala is running towards me. She sees immediatley I've been crying.

"You were listening weren't you. Your brothers a git by the way." I smile. She speaks again. "I wanted you, I need to talk to you."

I look at her. "I need to talk to you too. Can I say it first?" She nods, then I beckon her to my room where we can speak in private.

I look her in the eye, which is difficult because she is way taller than me.

I look at her carefully as my mouth says the words I need to say.

"Tell me about the pin."