3. - Falling Into This Place, Just Giving You A Small Taste

Start from the beginning

The drive with Mr. Christ was really crazy. I was like “Look, there’s a bike”, ”Oh my Gosh on your left” and he responded with a “Yes, I saw that” every time. We were both pissed, when we dismounted. We were the first and sat on the couch in silence until Zacky and Syn arrived.

“You were drunk while shaving?” was Zacky's first comment as he saw us. Johnny rolled his eyes. “No, a fury came into the bath as I shaved my head.”

We waited for Matt, but instead Larry, the manager, came. He was very cool, more a friend of the band then an authorized Person. “Hey guys. Matt had called me, you want a gig? You’re sure? So soon?”

“She needs a bit more practice, but I think this shouldn’t be a problem,” Zacky answered and patted my head like I were an animal.

“Hope six days are okay. Your gig will be on Sunday,” he said and sat down. “So get your asses up there and practice.”

“But Matt isn’t here,” Syn protested.

“You can also play without your vocalist,” he simply said. We raised and entered the room where the instruments stood.

“What are we going to play?” They shrugged.

“Think we’re going to discuss this when Matt’s fuckin’ ass is here. Let’s play “A Little Piece Of Heaven” again, till you can play it in your dreams.”

“Since I have other things to do,” I said with a grin and sat down behind my drums.

We played it three times until Shadows arrived. “Sorry,” he simply said. “Start all over again,” he said after grabbing his mic. I groaned. In the middle of the song Matt told us to stop. “Kay, what about singing?”

“What? No fuckin’ way!” I exclaimed with a loud voice. I had seen how they teased Johnny and he couldn’t hold a tone – not to mention that he ever strikes one.

“It’s not that much, but the female voice is missing. Actually Jimmy took the part, so let’s try.”

“I don’t know the lyrics,” I tried to convince him.

“It’s easy. What will you do, not long enough, I pray to god that you do and then a not long enough again and again. Oh and what about an evil laugh? And then Zacky will ask you, if you like to marry me you answer with a ‘Yes, I do’.”

“I’ll try, but don’t laugh I’ll suck.”

Actually I sucked and Syn, Johnny and Zacky tried to hold back their laughter, but failed.

I gave Matt a ‘I told you so’ glace, but he only said we should play again. I really started to hate this song!

“That was the creepiest ‘Yes, I do’ I’ve ever heard,” Johnny said, while laughing. It was really hard to understand.

“Oh, shut up Mr. Seize the day,” I said pissed and the others couldn’t stop laughing.

After Matt was fairly satisfied we had a break to discuss the playlist for the gig. I took a sip from my water, which Larry had handed me. I just listened when the men added the songs on the list. There was ‘Almost Easy’, ‘Afterlife’, my favorite ‘A Little Piece Of Heaven’, ‘Seize the day’ and ‘God Hates Us’ as Matt began to speak.

“Actually I want to add ‘Fiction’,” he said and I didn’t wait long to scream a ‘no’. The others looked at me – they were confused.

“What’s the problem with this song? You know the others and you learn very quick so six days shouldn’t be a problem”, Larry said.