Chapter 41. [Aymara]

"You think he's ready yet?"
Aymara watched her brother with incomprehension. "Ready for what?"
Vaughn pushed her against the wall roughly. "Ready to be sucked off by you for the rest of his life."
Her heart beat anxiously in her throat. Somehow she had forgotten what Vaughn's original plan had been. He wanted Thorin to take her as his bride and back then she had agreed, impressed by his looks and the amazing things he had done. Now however, almost four years later, she wanted nothing but to escape that future. For months she wished his eye would caught someone else, but she seemed to be sufficient to fulfill his needs. 
"I - I don't know."
Aymara knew very well Thorin didn't want to marry her. He disgusted her. He found  pleasure in hurting her. In humiliating her. That however was something she couldn't tell Vaughn. She had acted like Thorin and she were in a relationship; that she was more than his sex slave. That lie had kept the hands of her brother off her body. Since she was 'together' with Thorin he hadn't dared to touch her anymore - and for that she swallowed Thorin's anger. She didn't like the fact that Thorin only satisfied his own needs and never tried to comfort her, but it was better than pleasing her own brother. 
"Why not?" Vaughn grumbled unsatisfied. 
Aymara tried to avoid his glance. What did she have to say? That they never talked? That he only did her from the back, so that he didn't need to see her face? That he groaned the name of someone else when he came - and afterwards became so furious that she was scared to dead? 
"The dwarfs are getting restless. Your marriage would be a sign that he has lost his feelings for that elf for good."
Aymara swallowed. He didn't care about what she wanted. She was nothing but a means to get more power. When Thorin died, she would be queen of Erebor and her brother would whisper to her what to do.  It was the last thing she wanted. She just wanted to leave this place, hoping to reach a place where she could taste some luck. Where there were no men who only wanted to fill the holes in her body - not giving a damn about her. 
She just wanted someone to hold her, someone who told her that she wasn't the worthless rag everybody made her believe she was. 
"Y-yes," she said with a vibrating voice. What else could she do? Say that she didn't want to marry him? Vaughn didn't care about her feelings. He would have it his own way, and it would be the least painful as long as she collaborated. Furthermore she knew Thorin wouldn't agree. He liked the way things were. That was at least what she was hoping. 
"Fine. I'll propose the idea."
He let her go, left her behind in the corridor. Tears burned in her eyes. What if she was wrong? What if Thorin believed it was easier when she was always around, so that he didn't need to send someone to get her? What if he was pursued by Vaughn, believing it was a wise decision? What if he thought he could control his emotions by marrying someone else than the elf he loved so much he hated her for that?