Does it Mean Something?

Chapter number 20! Cheers for reading! =D

-$~D@W6!

*****

-*-Lindsey POV-*-

I instinctively looked behind me, eyes scanning for Kitty. When I didn't find her, I looked back up at the two people standing in front of me, claiming themselves to be my dog and Savanna's cat. "What?" Savanna gasped.

"Sam was sent to protect you a while ago, when the prophecy was made." The girl, Kodie, said. "Your parents hired him a long time ago, and I was sent here recently, after finishing up some other stuff."

"You're my dog?!" I yelled at the boy, who was still smirking. He nodded simply. I saw Annie stirring from the floor out of the corner of my eye. She groaned quietly, rubbing the side of her head, where blood was still welling up. I pushed back the bile rising in the back of my throat at the sight of so much blood and ran to her, dropping to my knees. "Oh my gosh, Annie! Are you okay?"

"No," She mumbled. She looked up and saw Sam and Kodie, who were both staring at her. Jumping to her feet as if she hadn't just been thrown into a wall and knocked out cold, she hissed protectively, "Who are you?" 

"Savanna and Lindsey's protectors." Sam sighed. "We're not not here to hurt you. Who else knows they're the one's the prophecy refers to?" The last question seemed directed at anyone who would answer.

"Will, Jensen, Nick, Jacklyn, a couple teachers at our school, Aradia and all her contacts, and Lindsey's parents?" Savanna said. "Crap, that sounds like a lot when you actually say it out loud." She added, looking into the distance thoughtfully.

"What?!" Sam and Kodie demanded in unison, eyes widened.

"How the crap could you let all of them find out?!" Kodie yelled. "If anyone on Aradia's side finds out they will kill you! Do you even understand how serious this is?!"

"You two are the last hope!" Sam continued angrily. "You can't frickin' tell everyone you pass on the street that you're our only chance against Aradia and saving the human race! If you die, we're screwed!" He sighed in frustration. Savanna and I stared at him in horror. Did he just imply that the only reason they'd be sad if Savanna and I died is because we're the last hope, and not that they would miss us if they flippin' never saw us again?

"That wasn't meant to sound like we only care if you live because we want the Separation to end. That's not the only reason, don't get me wrong. You seem great and all . . ." Sam half-heartedly attempted to cover up for the implication, but soon gave up. "You know, whatever. I'm just gonna stop talking."

"Best idea you've had all night." Savanna grumbled and I shot her daggers that clearly meant, 'He's just trying to help'.