Complete

Chapter 17! Just in case some of you didn't get the message, I changed Robert's name to REN! So Ren is the dude Craige wants Savanna to marry, the one Will saved Savanna from in 'Savior', and all that good stuff . . . So anyway, I threw in a little bit in Nick's POV for a little twist! Thanks for reading y'all!!!!! Enjoy! <3

-$~D@W6 & LL

*****

(Nick POV)

Darkness swirled around me and I could only focus on the deep throbbing in my head. I groaned loudly and ripped my eyelids apart just enough to accomplish a decent glare. I couldn't help but notice how clearly I could see, not that I had ever had any problems with my vision before, but I could see everything now. From each individual speck of dust floating around the unfamiliar bedroom to the smallest of creases in Savanna's worried face which was hovering over me. Relief flooded her features as I moaned, "Ouch."

"You're awake!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah," Smart one she is. "What happened?" I asked quietly, but just as the words escaped my lips, it flooded back to me. He had bitten me. The worst thing about it wasn't the fact that he obviously was not human, but the fact that he was familiar.

She opened her mouth to explain but I cut her off before she had begun. "Ren." I said, meeting her bewildered gaze.

Her face was that of pure shock and horror. I had known Ren from high school but had lost touch with him when I dropped out and moved to Arizona two years ago, but I could still recognized him easily. Although, he hadn't looked the same at all. Not just because he had grown his hair out or he looked much older now, but his eyes. They hadn't been the normal black they had always been, but a hungry and savage red.

"His eyes . . ." I trailed off.

"Ren did this?!" She gasped, still drinking in my last comment. Several emotions flashed through her expression all at once, the most defined being anger, fear, anxiety, and confusion. Her eyes strayed out the small window on the other side of the room thoughtfully and she whispered a word that changed my life forever. A word that I had deep down already expected but couldn't bring myself to accept. "Vampire."

"What?" I breathed, outraged.

Meeting my gaze, she composed herself from the shock of hearing her so-called arranged-groom had attacked her brother enough to say in a sad, knowing tone, "Nick, you've changed. You're not normal anymore." Her baby-blue eyes filled with unshed tears. "I have a lot to tell you."

-----

-*-Lindsey POV-*-

I sat beside Jensen in the silence drowning the living room. Annie and Will had disappeared into each of their rooms immediately after tending to Nick, and we were all giving Savanna some alone time with her brother so she could tell him what was happening. I fidgeted relentlessly on the leather couch. I had been having a mental-memorial service for the old Nick, since, by the look on Jensen's face when he had first seen Nick laying on the ground, dried blood covering his throat, Nick was never going to be the same person he had been. He was turning into a vampire.