Chapter 10 - This is Love

Start from the beginning

"S- Sencho! T-that's-"

"Fire Fist Ace!"

"T-that's the man you had to-" the captain started but could finish.

"To meet up? Yes. He is my commander after all." You said.

"C-commander? Then that means-"

"Haiii~ I am part of the Whitebeard Pirates. I'm new so that's why I don't have a bounty yet!"

Thank God I don't have a bounty. If my father will see it, he is going to search for me and then kill me, just like mom.

"Huh? So this men over here made some trouble for you?" Ace asked, as his finger's transformed already into fire.

"Nope. I'm fine. They just stopped me on the way to find you." You said.

"Hmm? If you say so. Let's go. It seems that the Log Pose is poiting to another island. I already grabbed everything we need." Ace said as he exited the bar with you.

You nod and walked besides him.

"(Name)." Ace stopped.

"What is it?"

"Why did you protected those pirates?"

"Protected? What are you talking about? We were just having a nice conversation. Besides, what's the point in getting into unnecessary fights?"

Ace only shook his head.

"You just don't want a bounty on your head, do you?"

You laughed and continued to walk.

"What's the point in having a bounty poster if your father is a marine..." You said quietly.

Your eyes widen when Ace grabbed your hand.

"Don't worrie. I promise this thing to Luffy aswell, but I will tell it to you too. I will protect you." Ace smiled.

"But Ace... You won't be always near me to protect me! What if you die? What happens then?"

The conversation turned into a serious one.

"I promise, I will not die!"

You smiled at his words and mouthed a thank you.

Ace pulled you into a hug.

"(Name). I have to tell you something important." Ace said all the sudden.

"What is it, Ace?"

"I-I- well to put it in words... I-"

"Ace? What's wrong? You can tell me!"

"I think I-"

"You what?"

Now you were getting very worried. What happened to Ace?

"I think I love you."

At those words, everything around you stopped.

"W-what?"

You could believe your ears. What? Ace loved you? There was no way!

"I- I know it's very sudden but... I love you (Name). That's why, let me protect you! And I promise, I will keep you safe no matter what." Ace said.

You were still in shock. How could this happen?! Your crush just confessed to you! More than that, he told you he loves you.

Well to be more honest, you still didn't understood your feelings.

Ace took your silence as horror. This was an idiotic move. Your friendship with him will end and everything would be completely shattered.

Before he could apologize, he was surprised to see you jump in his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I think I love you too! I mean, I liked you from the moment we met to be honest, but I'm still very confused of my own feelings." You said while trying to hide your blush, covering your face in his chest.

Ace smiled and hugged you closely.

"Thank you." He whispered.

You smiled back.

Is this love?

wow! You and Ace, huh? Imagine Marco's and Thatch's reaction to that!

Anyways, thank you for reading!

Ps: I know this was a little cliché and all, but I wanted to see you and Ace together more quickly! I MEAN WE ARE AT FREAKING CHAPTER 10 AND THERE IS STILL NO KISS SCENE!