Chapter 35

{Brooke}

"So it worked," she mused, circling me.

"Then I suppose you aren't a threat to me anymore, since your wolf is gone, so is the bond." Elcia explained, smirking evilly.

"You-" I paused, rolling my eyes at my stupidity. I can just tell Sebastian, problem over with.

"Before you die completely by the poison I inserted inside of you. I just want to let you know that I'm actually Lucas and I hope you don't hold grudges."

I was defenceless against his mental and psychical jabs at me. Elcia slapped my face, "That is for weakening me."

"And this, is for stealing my new mate," he kicked my gut and I fell to the floor with a groan.

Calling it a he is too confusing, I'll just name it Elcia.

"He's not your-" Elcia picked me up by the scruff of the neck and held me there. Due to the fact that I learned combat and defence I decided to be quiet until the right moment.

"Say that again," Elcia hissed in my ear. "I dare you."

As these words were stated, her plan was finally revealed. My scent when Sebastian and Elcia were talking, was masked by Lucas. He wanted me to hear and see. The party, Lucas masked Sebastian's scent so I wouldn't be able to find him with Elcia or whatever. The first date - he ruined everything, purposefully. He faked the act of saying he couldn't do magic. Lucas was a complete liar. Lucas wasn't the one who died that day I ripped him apart, he switched bodies with Elcia. Elcia died that day, it all made sense now. Lucas had controlled everything, everything has gone to his plan and I was utterly helpless. I couldn't do anything, at all.

I gulped down the sarcasm and instead focused on a way that is different than being beaten to death. I'd prefer poison over my worst enemy living once more any day

"Don't worry," she cooed with a smirk. "I'm not going to kill you, I would've done that ages ago if so. I want you to suffer painfully, don't ever think otherwise to my antics."

~

"Sebastian-" I was interrupted when he growled at me.

"I'm your Alpha, human, don't ever say my name again." He seethed, it's as if every memory we had together went out the window.

I stiffened at his words and instead handled the matter differently, "Elcia isn't who you think she is."

"Who are you to tell me that? Don't ever talk about your Alpha Female like that again. Even though you are a human, and not apart of this pack, doesn't mean I'll treat you specially."

"Please-"

"I've heard enough of your antics to overrule," Sebastian sneered coldly. How the hell was I supposed to rule when the mate bond I had with him disappeared? Without a wolf, your bond goes away as your wolf was brought into this world to give you advice. Now I realise that your wolf is the bond that keeps you both together.

"Elcia is Lucas in disguise!" I blurted uncontrollably, even now it sounded ridiculous. He won't believe me, he'd never believe me.

"You dare say-"

"Honey, it's okay." Elcia strolled towards us, trailing a finger down his arm. I blinked back tears, second chance mate? But how?

Elcia obviously still didn't want me dead, suffering must be her choice for everyone.

An awful pain ripped at my stomach. I gasped as I fell to the ground, holding that specific part of my body as if it was the most precious.

"Nothing my dear, but you know what they say. When the weak fall, the strong fly." I could see it visibly struggled Elcia to release the sweetening third word of her statement.

"One day," I paused to pass her a nasty glare. "The strong will slowly cast downwards, and then, then is when the weak will have their revenge."

My words meant more than just that and she knew it.

"The weak won't have a chance as the weak will die in the process," Elcia said harshly. Yet it was too late for her remark as the damage had been done, I just knew it.

"You'll believe your new mate over me?" I asked, Sebastian glanced away guiltily.

"You'll regret it, Alpha, just you wait."

~~~~~~~~~
VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW
GOAL: 274 votes and 260 comments.
If goal is reached I will update twice.

Don't stop reading just yet, there's still the Epilogue. I hope you enjoyed this entire book and good luck to you all :) And since this is the last chapter, the statements above 'If goal is reached I will update twice'. Will no longer hold meaning, I'll figure out something else, or just give me a few ideas :D that'd be cool too.

Character disliked most in this book?

Name the character (and name the book they were in) you dislike most out of every book on Wattpad.