Chapter 17

{Brooke}

"I am announcing Lucas as Beta and Elcia as Delta of this pack," Sebastian declared with hard eyes. The current Delta and Beta shouted in anger, Sebastian gave them a look and they shut up.

"No!" I protested, the two turned to stare at me thankfully, "They worked hard for their spot, this is not right."

"Are you going against your Alpha?" He growled. If I was his mate, shouldn't I be Alpha Female? Therefore, wouldn't I make decisions too?

"I am your mate, therefore I am Alpha Female, so I have decisions too, I am your equal." I hissed at him, he snarled at me, ordering me - as an Alpha - to stand down.

I reluctantly showed my neck in submission, "Yes Alpha."

He is no mate of ours, North spoke up, before howling in pain.

If you think that, you will die, the moon gave you to me so that you could convince and help me through my problems. If you resist the mate pull, you will slowly die. I resisted the urge to cry, I was not going to lose my wolf because of him!

Her howl did not stop, the pain soon worked its way into my body, I fell onto my knees before Sebastian. His eyes held a war. As if seeing whether he should show vulnerability, or leave his mate and come back later. He, of course, chose the latter and walked away from the pack meeting with clenched fists.

"Stupid mate," I growled out, clenching my stomach in agony.

"Brooke!" Lucas called worriedly, bending down to check for any injuries.

"You moron!" I hissed, "It's the mate bond."

He smiled sheepishly before trying desperately to think of something.

"What to do," he hummed, as if unaffected by the current situation.

"Stop thinking of your mate," he ordered, I snarled at him. Don't tell me what to do.

"Sorry Alpha Female," Lucas apologised, I accepted it, brightening upon the high rank.

North beamed proudly, halting our thoughts of Sebastian, I settled down.

"Thank you," I gratefully smiled at him. I leaped and hugged him, grinning like a mad women. I had my own Doctor for mates. He returned it warmly, gripping my body as if I would suddenly disappear from the Earth.

What about that witch or warlock? North reminded me worriedly.

"Have you found any strange scents around here?" I queried curiously, he seemed puzzled.

"Not that I know of, should I be worried?" He questioned, I hesitated.

"I think someone here knows magic." He gaped, shocked and appalled.

"Shit Brooke! Why haven't you warned the pack? Whoever is casting it could be dangerous!" He exclaimed worriedly, pulling back from the hug.

"It's just a hunch, I could be wrong, I don't want to warn them if it is nothing serious." I said, doubting my decision already.

We should let them know, North argued. Just in case.

Good idea, I replied, glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

"Just let them know," Lucas voiced my thoughts.

"Perhaps..." I trailed off.

He growled before straightening his posture, I inhaled shortly after Lucas. Sebastian's presence was close, I closed my eyes, he was with Elcia.

I moved towards the two, making sure I couldn't be seen and hid behind an object nearby. I was suffering and he decided to go talk to her?

"I can't believe you're here," Elcia murmured, trailing a finger down his collarbone, he didn't remove it.

What is he doing? North snarled, enraged.

"I haven't seen you in so long, you and Lucas are the only friends I've got," he whispered. Lucas and Elcia were brother and sister, that probably explains why Elcia was so infatuated with Sebastian.

I whimpered lowly, he had me to confide in now, not that other female.

They both turned in my direction, Sebastian narrowed his eyes. Yet became distracted once again as Elcia pushed her body slightly closer to his. It seemed he didn't exactly realise that his friend was getting too close.

I growled, revealing my hidden form, glaring at a surprised Sebastian and a smirking Elcia.

"I didn't catch your scent," he stated, frowning.

"Neither did I," Lucas exclaimed from behind me with a surprised expression.

"Get away from him," I snapped at Elcia, ignoring the confused boys.

"Don't you dare cause an argument with my friend because of your stupid jealousy!" Sebastian roared.

Lucas lightly growled at him from behind me.

He honestly thinks my jealousy is stupid? She was the bitch in the first place and was acting as if he were the only boy in the world. He's got another thing coming if he thinks she's as nice as she used to be. Something bigger changed in her when Sebastian arrived, that was something I was going to find out whether she liked it or not.

~~~~~~~~~
VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW

GOAL: 174 votes and 166 comments.
If goal is reached I will update twice.

Who do you think is in the wrong here, Sebastian is Brooke?

What is your favourite food?