Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to Book-Lover-74  for all of the lovely comments/votes and support for me to finish the book!

{Brooke}

I was turning 17 tomorrow, which was the day I would find my mate, the one I was destined to. Rejection was extremely rare in the werewolf world, if it happened, it was looked down upon. Anger flared up at just the thought of it, if I heard one of my friends had been rejected I would personally go and rip out their mate's throat.

"Brooke? Are you awake?" I heard my father yell from the kitchen.

"Yes!" I yelled, not bothering to get up from the bed, but automatically jumping up when my brother runs through the door. I stared at the hole in the entrance to my room, gaping, he grinned in return.

Slowly turning to face him, I growled at him, jumped and landed ungracefully atop of him. Pinching wherever I could and breathing in and out to control my furious short breaths.

"Why did you break it?" I seethed; Andrew shrugged, causing my anger to increase.

"Mum said you were going to get a new door for some reason, so I did something I had always wanted to do," he argued.

I scoffed at him, stomping out the door, mum passed me a questioning look before staring at the damage my immature 12 year old brother had caused.

"Andrew!" Mum shouted at him, I secretly smirked at him, sticking out my tongue at his scared expression. "I was going to sell that!"

Ignoring them, I do what is needed like every other morning and grab a pear for breakfast.

Images of the rogue entered my mind and I begin to glare at the wall, he seemed like a strong male wolf, unfortunately. His wolf was a strange blue colour, as if when someone special touched it... It may even light up as if lightning had sparked it.

Shaken out of my daze, quite literally, I resisted the urge to groan when I see Tiana glaring at me. Yet instead I plastered a fraud smile onto my face, shoving my hands behind my back, I could practically see the suspiciousness running through her veins.

"What?" I queried innocently, doing that action was merely out of habit.

"Come on! We're going to be late if you don't get your ass in the car in-" she stopped to check the time on her phone. "Twenty seconds maximum."

I sprinted to the passenger seat and hopped in with a smug smile etching across my lips as Tiana took her time getting in, scowling in my direction none-the-less.

"I bet the rogue is going to go to our school just to piss us off," I stated out of blue. "Unless he's already there, I mean, I haven't noticed any strange scents around the area."

"I heard he's been at the school for a couple of weeks, he's actually one of the kids who sit alone," she explained.

"Does he have the cliché characteristics?" I queried.

"No, the girls say he is actually really nice, especially Elcia," she replied distastefully. Everyone had that one nasty person in their lives, mine just happened to be Elcia, luckily, she and I hardly talked.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "Why hasn't anyone even said anything about that stupid rogue in school?"

"I guess no one has noticed since everyone's scents mingle due to the shoving and pushing in the hallway."

"Okay," I finally dropped the subject, sensing she didn't want to talk of it anymore. Once we arrived at school I hopped out of the car and stood closely beside Tiana as we made our way to the rest of our group.

"Nat, Rose!" I greeted with a smile, they returned it with one of their own.

"Nat, where's your mate?" I asked with confusion, usually he would be here by now.

"I don't know, do I look like I know everything?" She answered my questioned with one of her own.

"No," I mumbled before the sound of feet literally dancing across the hallway embraced my ears. I grinned, here he comes.

Nat covered her face is embarrassment where as I passed him a smile.

"Hey Tom," I knew he did that every single day just to achieve his goal - which was actually to embarrass her. I helped him here and then, merely to get revenge over a few past occasions.

"Hey Nat," Tom greeted, where as he nodded his head in our direction to explain he acknowledged us.

"Hi," she said with narrowed eyes and crossed arms, she had realised what he had been doing ages ago. This made her try her best to ignore the weird looks thrown her and Tom's way.

"Stop doing that," Nat exclaimed, slapping his shoulder which was supposed to seem playfully. Yet, I could tell it was harder than needed when Tom winced.

"My god, woman, how hard do you need to hit me?" He queried, scowling whilst rubbing his now what I assume to be brightening shoulder.

"As hard as it takes to make you stop doing that every day." She explained with a cheeky smile, winking at the others and I.

We burst out laughing, to end all conversations, the bell rung, causing my head to snap in the direction of where it came from.

The table which was right under the noise contained a few of the people whom sit alone. The one that stood out to me most was a boy with brown hair in the exact style I liked it. Could he be my mate? Werewolves didn't usually take notice to the people that were their mate, unless they were a friend.

I giggled uneasily as the boy glanced up and smiled at me. I headed to class, only to be stopped once a hand reached out from behind me and grabbed my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~
VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW

GOAL: 32 votes and 28 comments.
If goal is reached I will update twice.

Elcia is pronounced, El-c-ah. Who's your favourite character so far? :)

Sorry I hadn't updated in so long. Been busy with holidays ~.~