Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to always_dreaming3163 for all of her lovely comments/votes/support on my book and for her help with the characters.

{Brooke}

"Happy Birthday!" My friends exclaimed in unison with a bright smile greeting their features.

"Thanks," I murmured shyly at all the attention, a few curious eyes met mine. The morning had gone by quite quickly, my parent's passing me a few presents with hugs and kisses.

"We are going-" Tiana paused, and began to sniff the air as if she were a dog, technically she was.

"Mate," she growled out, as a human I hardly would've heard her but with werewolf hearing I was perfectly capable.

"That is so cute!" I gushed, "Go and follow his scent!"

Not needing any more advice she raced off to go find her mate. Laughing lightly I abruptly turned to Rose.

"So, who were you with yesterday?" I queried whilst raising an eyebrow, staring intently into her beautiful green eyes.

"Nobody," she hesitated, before nodding her head as if that were her final answer.

"Was it your mate?" Interest sparked at the mention of Rose's other half.

"No," she replied, sighing.

"You'll find him." I stated, my eyes glazed with confidence.

She shrugged with a half-hearted smile, "Maybe."

"You just need to search for him," Nat spoke up.

"Speaking of mate's . . ." I trailed off, giggling at Tom, Nat's brown eyes narrowed on me.

"I brought flowers!" Tom said, I held my hands out eagerly. Nat seemed to visibly stiffen, growling lowly in her throat.

"Not for you," he sung, before pushing them into Nat's face, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "Happy birthday by the way."

"Don't worry, we just wanted to see if you cared about his actions." I assured her when she grasped the flowers possessively, glaring at me in the process.

She relaxed and stuck her tongue out at me playfully, I returned her gesture.

Tom shook his head, muttering under his breath over how immature we were. Yet I noticed how happy he was over the fact that Nat did truly care for him and his intentions.

"Here's your gift, from me to you," Rose explained, I stopped myself from remarking her with a sarcastic comment and instead took it joyously.

"A bracelet," I responded, I love it!

"You don't like-" I interrupted her when I put my hand on her mouth.

"This is beautiful," I replied, smiling, dropping my hand. I felt like this was said a lot, especially in Wattpad books.

"Good." She teased.

The others passed me a present as well and I took them gratefully.

Today went by like every other, I hadn't caught the scent of my mate at all.

Perhaps he was in another pack, I convinced myself. Come to think of it, Riley and Sebastian aren't here today.

Or maybe not, another voice said, mentally, my wolf.

Oh my gosh, I forgot about the movie!

My eyes widened, my first shift would be soon and I would have to go hunting with the pack. Just a tradition they had made.

To be honest, I was actually extremely excited. Even though the thought of killing another innocent animal was horrendous it made me feel like I would finally be apart of the pack.

I was going to morph into my wolf at about, 7:00. I knew this due to everyone in The Howlers changing at the exact same time.

I had two hours to wait.

You can have a nice chat with me whilst we do so, my wolf stated.

Sounds great, I grinned.

My name is North, she explained.

Let me guess, your last name is either West or Pole, I joked.

Wrong, wolves don't have last names, she said, seeming offended.

Sorry, I apologised.

After that, my wolf and I had a conversation for hours and before I realised it, time had swept by and it was almost time for me to shift. This would determine what job I would have in the pack. I felt like I was forgetting something . . .

I picked up the book I had previously been reading and skimmed through the the words.

There was either Beta, Delta, Tracker, Scout or the Omega.

Beta is the second in command of the pack, most trusted scout therefore first in charge after the alpha's if they're needed.

Delta is the one in charge of all the scouts when Alpha and Beta are absent. Most skilled when it comes to fighting, other than the Alpha and Beta.

Tracker is the wolf that is usually in charge of tracking various kills or targets, may not attack until ordered.

Scout is similar to the Tracker, except like an army soldier when it comes to battles with another wolf pack invading their territory.

Omega is the wolf that is usually in charge of pups, not mistreated but occasionally picked on for being weak.

I quickly shut it. It was a dream, but I had always wanted to become a Scout of the pack. This didn't necessarily mean I would become one, usually the wolf chooses what suits you best. Yet the Alpha decided whom would become Beta or Delta, but they could be challenged as well.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

~~~~~~~~~
VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW

GOAL: 54 votes and 46 comments.
If goal is reached I will update twice.

I really wish I had a mate :-: and who do you think Brooke's mate is? Lol.

If YOU could have a werewolf mate, what would his name be and what would his personality be like?

OH, can't forget that cute smile with dimples some boys have..