Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to Skaloa for help with the characters and voting/commenting/supporting my book!

{Brooke}

"Why did you leave without me?" Tiana demanded, raising her eyebrow, motioning over to the strange boy.

"I forgot . . ." I trailed off. "Well, I was distracted."

"Do you keep thinking about that rogue?" Tiana asked with a smirk lining her lips.

"No," I shook my head. "A boy-"

"He could be your mate!" She squealed. "After all, she wolves only notice males when they are their mate I'm pretty sure."

"Where's Rose?" I subtly tried to change the subject by generally being worried for my friend.

"She ran off with a guy," Tiana replied, shrugging her shoulders, seeming to bite the bait.

This sentence, although, caught my attention, "Who was it? Was he nice? A jerk? Her mate?"

"Hold your horses," she paused to look at my blank expression before continuing. "I don't really know, since, maybe, when she ran off I didn't get to see or talk to him."

Irritated due to her sarcasm, I walked slightly, but noticeably faster. She rolled her eyes at my immature attitude.

"Well, see you at lunch!" She waved a goodbye before heading off to her own class.

I turned around to find the boy from before following me, I raised an eyebrow at this and he merely grinned. I halted in my steps, intending on asking if he were the rogue from which no one could catch the scent of.

"I'm not," he assured me, as if he read my thoughts. "Would you like to walk to class together?"

"I have English," I muttered.

"As do I," he replied, shaking his head at the fact that I didn't recognise him.

My eyes widened. "I'm so sorry! I didn't realise you-"

He interrupted me, which I found fairly annoying but let him go on since he intrigued me. "It doesn't matter."

"You sur-"

"Yes." Alright, now that was just getting plain infuriating.

"Have you watched the Hunger Games yet?" He queried, noticing my annoyance.

"No," I mumbled, ashamed but amused over his randomness. I've been meaning to watch that movie for quite a while.

"Oh," he murmured, but it looked as if he was holding back a smile. "I'm pretty sure my mum got it for my little sister two days ago. She's actually really upset that I haven't brought any friends home since I had heaps back at my old school. You should come and watch it with me, I'd really hate for my sister to be mad at me for this . . ."

Biting my lip, a smile threatened to break out. Why would he do that? He hardly knew me.

"I think I have other plans," I lied. Lucky for me I was pretty good liar as well.

"No you don't," he argued, rolling his eyes. Well, he is a possible mate, what's the harm . . . ?

"Okay," I agreed. Feeling slightly stupid for doing so.