(5) I Want To Do Bad Things With You (Boy X Boy)

Start from the beginning

I walked over to him, pulled the headphones out of his ears again and sat the pizza down on the bed beside him.

“I don’t want any,” he said stubbornly, grabbing for his headphones but I knew what he was going to do and grabbed them first. I took the iPod and pushed it into my jeans pocket.

“Eat,” I stated.

“I don’t want to,” he said, pushing himself up into a sitting position.

“I know but you have to, please just stop being stubborn and eat something,” I half begged, trying to be forceful but failing miserably. The look in his eyes was killing me. All I wanted to do was make everything better for him but I had no idea how to do it.

“What did you get? He asked, taking me by surprise as he pulled the box closer.

“Barbeque chicken,” I replied and watched as the corner of his lip turned up into the smallest of smiles. It didn’t last long but it still managed to warm my heart.

“Thanks,’ he said, all stubbornness gone.

“It’s a pleasure,” I stated, sitting down on the edge of the bed with him. It felt weird being in his room after so long but it felt nice too. The last time we were in his room together was when he told me he is gay. I wound up freaking out and screaming at him. Hell, I even told him he was a sick freak. I’ll never forget the look on his face that night, it’s been haunting me for the last year.

We ate our pizza in silence and then I finally convinced him to come home with me. I could tell that he was uncertain about it but what other choice did he really have? His mom was dead and he had no family that I knew of.

 When we arrived at my house we found my mom and dad in the living room. Her eyes were red and swollen and when she saw Jace she burst out into tears. He looked at her with anger and then stormed up the stairs. I had no idea why he was acting the way he was towards my mom since he had always liked her before but I figured it had to have something to do with what happened at the party. I didn’t ask my mom though, she was freaking out again and to be honest, I was more worried about Jace at the moment. She might have lost her friend be lost his mother.

I ran after him up the stairs and noticed that the bathroom door was closed. I didn’t knock, I just waited outside until he came out on his own.

“I really shouldn’t be here,” he said nervously.

“Why the hell not?” I asked, wanting to know what was going on.

“Your mom wouldn’t want me here,” Jace replied, as he started walking down the hall towards the stairs.

“Of course she wants you here,” I shouted after him as I ran after him, grabbing him arm and pulling him to a stop.

“No, she doesn’t,’ he replied, refusing to look me in the eye.

“Well, I do,’ I stated, tired of hiding the fact of how much I have missed him.

“You don’t have to do this, I know how you feel about me and obviously your mom feels the same way,’” he said, catching me off guard. I was speechless as he walked down the stairs. It took me a minute or two to pull myself together before I took off after him. I could see him walking down the road from our driveway but there was no way I was letting him go alone. I considered taking my car but figured the walk would do him good so I took off after him.

It didn’t take me long to catch up with him but when I did I didn’t say anything, I just started walking alongside him, allowing him time to think and deal with things in his head.

We reached his house a while later and without questioning me he unlocked the door and we went inside. Jace went upstairs to his room and somehow managed to shut his door and lock it before I could get in. I considered shouting and banging on it but knew it would be useless. Jace can be very stubborn at times but then again I couldn’t really blame him for not wanting me around.

I spent the rest of the day in the living room, watching TV and eating leftovers that I found in the fridge.

At around eight pm I had enough. I’ve been trying to talk to him and get him to open his door and come out the whole day but to no avail. He just ignored me and now I was starting to get nervous. What if he tries to kill himself or something stupid like that?

“Jace! Let me in!” I yelled as I pounded on his bedroom door but he still didn’t answer.

I tried over and over again until I was freaking out.  I took a step back and literally kicked his door in.

He was lying on his bed, listening to his iPod while softly sobbing. My heart broke just looking at him and once again I found myself wishing that there was something I could do to make him feel better, but there wasn’t. There was nothing I could do that would ever fix this.