~~~

"Who put SpongeBob in the pasta?!" Linguini hollers.

Essex covers his mouth next to me, stifling his giggles.

"Es!" I whisper-yell, laughing.

"Shh," he bolds a finger to my lips.

I laugh, shaking my head.

We're snuggled next to each other on the sofa, watching a Disney movie.

Essex is the youngest boy. He really looks up to Gulliver, who definitely acts like the leader of the pack. Essex does his best to teach Pepper right from wrong, wanting to be like how Gulliver is to everyone else.

The Fitzroy's are good kids. They adore Adelaide while she adores them. I actually really liked their company here, there's absolutely never a dull moment with them around.

Essex really loves to pull pranks on Linguini, which was quite entertaining.

"Tink! Tink!" Pepper chants, running in front of me.

Her long elbow length curly hair, bouncing with her steps. Her hair perfectly matches her name, a dark ebony colour.

"What? What?" I mock her.

"Zayn is coming back! Zayn is coming back!" She bounces up and down.

Zayn is Pepper's favourite. She has a massive adorable crush on him.

"He is?"

How come I'm always the last person to know about these things?

"Yes, they won the 'Song of the Summer' award at the VMAs last week, they're going to be here tomorrow." She explained, quickly, her words slightly meshing together.

"Pepper, we're watching a film. Please shut up." Essex asks politely.

"Hey, don't say shut up." I nudge his side.

"Sorry, please belt up." Essex corrects.

I nudge him again, chuckling.

~~~

I gasp at the the unfamiliar sight right before my eyes.

My first period.

I check the cabinet under the sink, but there are no feminine products. I mean, why would there be? This is the downstairs toilet. The place I need to be is the main level, where Adelaide uses the toilet.

I can't just leave the loo without a product though. How fast does the blood come out? What if I bled through my clothes immediately. That'd be so embarrassing, I could never show my face again.

I sit back on the toilet, my pants down to my ankles. I rest my elbows on my knees.

The two knocks on the door cause me to jump.

"Um, uh - don't come in!" I answer, quickly.

"Christ, Tegan. This isn't even your toilet!" Romeo complains.