The Chase

Levy's POV

"Done." I said, sighing, and putting down the last book. It was 4 o'clock am now, and nothing had happened. No change occurred, and no guys had found us.

Lucy's eyes were as wide as saucers. "You did not seriously read all the books in the entire library."

I grinned, taking off my wind reader glasses and shoving them in my satchel. Juvia was sleeping in the corner, talking about Gray in her sleep. She turned over every so often and moaned a little; Lucy and I both felt a tad uncomfortable.

"So what do you-" Lucy began to say.

The lights went off before she finished her statement. We sat there in shock, as everything around us was consumed by darkness.

Suddenly, I couldn't see anyone, or anything, and I was out of my mind.

"Lucy?" I asked.

"Levy, I'm going to try to find my gate keys. You wake up Juvia." She said, in a hushed tone.

I got on my hands and knees to try and find Juvia. "Juvia! Wake up." I said.

She moaned again. "Ahh...Gray Sama."

I went over near the moaning, and tried to shake Juvia awake. She giggled and told me to stop in her sleep-talking phase and I rolled my eyes.

I used the light pen in my pocket to glow in front of me, as I saw a faint outline of Lucy and Juvia.

Then there were noises. A couple sounds that sounded like they were coming down the steps.

Lucy gasped. "Did they find us?"

Juvia laughed, pawing at the air. "Stop iiittt."

I shook Juvia. "Juvia! Juvia!"

She finally snapped awake as the steps got closer and closer. Lucy Froze. My teeth chattered, and my heart was in my stomach. The floor had never felt this cold before.

"W-what's going on?" Juvia asked. "Juvia's scared."

"Sh." Lucy hushed. There was a black silence, and heavy breathing.

Finally, the light pen focaused it's shine on one thing. No, rather, three things. Three people.

Before us, smirked Natsu, Gray, and ... Gajeel. I gulped, and swallowed the last of my dignity.

"How did you-" I started.

Natsu squinted. "Dragon Slayers have great noses..."

Lucy didn't waste any time. She raised her golden key in the air yelling. "Open! Gate of the Maiden! Virgo!"

Surely enough, Virgo appeared, in a stiff position with her velvet hair tied back in a maids head band. Her stale blue eyes scanned the room thoroughly.

She stared over at Lucy, and then over at Natsu. "Punishment time I see."

"Drill us a hole out of here!" She yelled.

"I'm at your service, Princess." Virgo said, nodding her petite head. She drilled a hole through the side of the library and faded back into the celestial world.

"Levy! Juvia! Let's go!" She yelled, making a running start towards the hole.

"No you don't." Natsu smirked, barreling towards Lucy. She picked up a book and threw it at him, but he just let it catch fire.