Before my mouth could open, Matt quickly rushed up to us. He walked up the small hallway were Jason & I  were standing. I finally noticed that this was were the bathrooms were located.

I hope that Ashton doesn't have to pee.

"I got your text. I saw them. It's him Jason—he's alive." Matt rushed out, while watching us with wide eyes. He pulled at the ends of his hair, cautiously watching the people that would pass by. I just stood there watching Jason, I couldn't decipher how he was feeling or what he was possibly thinking.

In that moment I couldn't read him like I always could.

_

I watched as Grayson walked up to the table, dropping a folder full of documents on the table. I saw a picture of Jax's mugshot sticking out from the rest of the papers. I cautiously eyed the stack  that was laying on the table. "What is this?" I asked, watching Jason pick up the folder. "Everything that there is to know about Jax Bow." Matt said, while flopping on the couch.

"Why do we need all this information?" I asked.

"We have to know his medical records to figure out how the hell he's still alive." Grayson said. My eyes scanned over his shoulders, looking briefly over the papers that were in his hand. The folder was filled with everything about him, it was almost unsettling.

Does he have a folder like this on me?

"His medical records state that his pulse stopped beating, declaring him brain dead for a couple of minutes." Grayson said, I was surprised. I wasn't even sure if what he said was possible. "Is that even possible?" Jason asked,while focusing on the papers in front of him. "Rare, but it's not impossible." Matt stated.

There was a question that was growing deeply inside of my mind. I wasn't sure if he'd be mad if I asked him. Knowing him I knew he would be. But there was some point that I wanted to get across to myself & maybe even him. "Why did you shoot him?" I asked. I heard a long silence accumulate the room. I looked up at him, the look on his face was something I wasn't familiar with.

"Why are you asking me that question?" He asked distantly.

"I'm curious." I shrugged, like I didn't really care about the answer. Which I strongly did care about.

He closed the folder, throwing it carelessly on the table. "You honestly don't know?" He asked.  My eyes furrowed from his question.

Am I supposed to know?

The reason that I could possibly think of is not a legitimate reason. Obviously there's no legitimate reason to shoot someone—but anything is better than 'You kissed him'. He watched me almost hurt, maybe even remorseful.

"We're going to head out." Matt said, getting up from couch. I lifted my arm up, stopping his movements. "Sit down." I said, Jason was eyeing me cautiously. Matt paused, placing himself back down on the couch.

"I just want to know. Why would you shoot him?" I asked again. His eyes were distant—vulnerable. He ran his fingers through his hair, nervously biting on his bottom lip. "You kissed him. I sent you those texts & you still kissed him." He finally said.

Great, the answer that I was not dying to hear.

My eyes closed in disappointment, "Was I supposed to say: This creepy person that has been texting me tells me not to kiss my ex, let me obey what it says." I asked him.