00:01

chapter one |
Y o u r  p o v

While I was walking down the endless foggy road, I started to regret mentioning him and that girl. I needed to say something. He was acting like he was single. Jax was flirting with another girl right in front of me. It's something he never noticed he did. It didn't make sense to me. It was his idea to take me out on a "romantic" date, thinking that me wearing a clingy dress and going to a claustrophobic club was a 'romantic' idea for a date.

I confronted him about how I felt in the car and it turned into a heated argument. He started saying some hurtful things and I told him to let me out of the car.

I was there five minutes later, with my heels in my hands. I asked for it, so I shouldn't be complaining. Apart of me was expecting him to protest, at least say:

"I'm not leaving you on the side of the road."

Instead he just dumped me off, and to make the situation even more eventful, there had been a black Mercedes Benz trailing slowly behind me. Not exactly behind, it was on the opposite side of the road and it was driving  slow. I started to feel a knot in my stomach. I casually glanced back, trying not to seem noticeable. Which shouldn't have mattered in a situation like that. The windows of the car were tinted so I couldn't really see the person.

After another two minutes of pretending like my life wasn't in danger,

my phone vibrated.

unknown number: he's a dick.

Huh? I stared down at my cellphone screen in disbelief. At first I thought it was just one of my friends, so I brushed it off, which was the second mistake I made that night. Then everything started to click. The feeling of the knot in my stomach heightened. I felt like I couldn't swallow, breathe or think. I was scared, there was an unknown number texting me and there was a car following me.

I stopped dead in my tracks, looking down at the text message once again. Two options popped in my head. I was contemplating whether to call the cops or run to the nearest gas station. I turned around staring directly at the truck across the street. It stopped slowly as I watched it, I felt a sudden chill up my back. I only saw things like this in movies, and I was experiencing it. I unlocked my phone, pressing the call application.

I squinted my eyes trying to get a better look at the figure in the front seat. Regardless of how the night ended, I still wanted to know was following me. I jogged down the road trying to create distance between me and he car. It was no use because as I started running, I heard the car engine speed up. I felt completely vulnerable. There was no one to help me, and the gas station seemed some time away. I was running down the road with my heels in one hand and my cellphone in the other.

I started imagining my death. I started overthinking. I thought of perfect outcome that resulted in the person driving away. I thought of the person running me over. I thought of the person getting out and throwing me into the car.  My heart was beating out of my chest as the suspense grew deeper. 

Is this how I'm going to die?

Moments later a car rushed up beside me as J was running, causing me to look over. I was surprised to see a familiar grey Nissan Altima. I stopped immediately breathing heavily, trying to regain my breath. I looked up puzzled, trying to find the truck that was chasing me down the road. The black Mercedes sped off down the street leaving me completely bewildered. The perfect outcome.

Who the hell was that? I asked myself. I just stood there watching the now abandoned road. I was trying to figure out if this was some big joke. After I felt somewhat safe, the whole situation felt unreal.

"Get in." Jax said. His voice released me from my deep thoughts. I rolled my eyes and hopped into his truck.

I needed him to get back home.

That's all he was, a ride home.

A/N: What do you think?
Vote if you liked it, if you didn't like please don't vote.

July 19, 2015
8:30 p.m.