One

Zipping up my black jacket, I glanced in my small mirror. I looked different.

No longer young and vibrant. My face no longer smooth and hair no longer full. I didn't mind, though. I was content, and that was all that really mattered.

I was ready, too. Ready to face my best friend again.

Nodding my head in some sort of self reassurance, I grabbed my keys and a book for what I planned to do later.

As I exited my house, I walked down the brick path and made my way to where we always seem to meet now-a-days.

It was just a small walk, nothing I couldn't handle. Even though he always told me I would end up with a hunched back from sitting in my silly, old sofa crease, I would just laugh, "I'm about living in the moment, I'll deal with the consequence later," I'd reply in a joking matter.

Of course he'd just shake his head in reply and we'd move on with our day, but I guess later is now and I'm struggling to walk down a street as my consequence of not listening.

I couldn't help but crack a grin as I walked down the familiar yet oddly eerie path, reminiscing over the nostalgia of the bittersweet memories. Bitter, because they came and gone but sweet because I got to experience them.

It was always the silliest things between us that would make our friendship so beautiful and unique.

As I neared where we would be meeting, he slowly came into view.

Staying planted below a tall oak tree, he glimmered under the sun.

I tried my best to quicken my pace, but given the circumstance, I failed miserably. When I approached him, a warm feeling spread across my heart. A feeling of becoming whole again.

"Hi Phil." I whispered.

*
*
*

Hey guys! So chapter one is up and I'm very excited to publish the rest,,
As I said, this book will be short meaning only 10 or so short chapters.
I really hope you enjoy as I've tried to make it different from a few phanfics already out there?
Please vote and comment because I get really excited when people do!:-)
Thank you