Mysterious Shadow

Chapter Nine: Mysterious Shadow

It was already afternoon and team 7 gathered near the temple.

"Well, I'm glad you've finished the mission. As for that, I'm giving you this." Kakashi took out the forms.

"What's a chuunin exam?" Naruto asked while reading the form.

"Well, it's an exam where you need to pass in order to become a chuunin." He explained.

"Really? Cool! When will it start?!" Naruto asked excitedly.

"Exactly six days from now. Use the time to train and learn new jutsus. You'll need them."

"Chuunin exam?" Ayane dreadfully whispered to herself.

"Oh, and in order to join the said exam, you must register there as a team, meaning, if one of you doesn't want to join, then the rest can't. In other words, the three of you must go to the registration area which is at 2-B at 3:30 in the afternoon, or else none of you can join and go again next next year." He explained.

"So, are you in?" He added.

"Sure! I'll go train right now!" Naruto shouted flashing a cocky smile.

"Yeah, whatever." Sasuke said.

"And what about you, Ayane?" He said as she was hesitant to answer.

"You could always join again next next year, if you feel that you're not ready." He assured.

"What? 2 years? I can't let my team down, I... I have to join! I'll just train harder, that's it... I'll train." Ayane thought flashing a determined face.

"Okay, I'm in." She eagerly said.

"Well, if you say so. Don't be late on Monday, okay? Good luck on your training." He said standing up.

"HAHAHA! Luck? I don't need it! --- Oh, um, wait! Where are you going? Why won't you help us train?" Naruto asked.

"I have important things to do. You'll be fine. Besides, you're not babies anymore right? You said it yourself. Well, I'm off." Kakashi smirked as he disappeared.

***

Ayane went back to her house to find Tsunade was having a snack with Shizune.

"Oh, um-- Tsu... Tsunade-sama." Ayane said.

"Oh, Ayane. I heard you're joining the chuunin exam this year?" Tsunade said.

"Yes, and-- um, I was wondering if you could -- um, teach... teach me -- to become a... medical ninja?" She quietly said.

"Huh? Oh yes. Actually, I was about to mention you that tomorrow, how about we start now?" She smirked.

"N-now? Well, okay." She replied flashing a cheerful smile.

"Shizune, can you get the tools?" Tsunade smirked at her.

"Of curse."

***

Then Tsunade led her to the lab.

"Okay, if you want to be a great medical ninja, you have to follow one simple rule." She seriously said.

"And what is that, you may wonder? It's to follow everything I say. Are we clear?"

"Yes, Tsunade-sama."

"Good, now let me take a look at you. You have beautiful long hair, nice sparkly blue eyes and a very smooth and clear complexion. Perfect, if you're not a medical ninja."

"What? W-why?"

"Your hair tends to bug you when you're working; that's bad. Do you ever tie it?"