Determination is the key.

Chapter Two: Determination is the key.

"Three days left until we become Genin, and... I still don't have a friend." Ayane thought while walking through the corridors of the academy

She went inside her class and sat at her seat. A few minutes later, Iruka-Sensei went inside the room.

"Okay class, you're almost there, a little more waiting until you become Genins! That is, if you pass" Sensei smirked and glanced at Naruto.

"One of the basic thing you'll do, when all of you become ninjas is throwing a shuriken, senbon, kunai and other ninja tools. Today, we're gonna find out whether you're good at that certain task or not." He continued.

"We're gonna learn about your marksmanships." He added.

"Marksmanship? Oh, I hope I get this right this time." Ayane thought.

"What?! That's it? I'm gonna ace this test with my eyes closed! No problem." Naruto though while flashing a confident smile.

"Hehe. This is easy!" Sakura thought.

"I know some of you fear this and some of you... Think that is just easy, but if I were you, I wouldn't underestimate this. This morning I'm going to lecture you on how to perfect the task. After lunch, the fun will start." Sensei said.

"Lecture?! We don't need that Iruka-Sensei! Train us now!" Naruto shouted.

"Naruto, shut your mouth, or else I'm going to fail you!" Iruka-Sensei threatened.

Naruto kept quiet and rolled his eyes. Iruka then started the lecture. As time passed, many of the students fell asleep, including Naruto, Kiba and Shikamaru. As the lecture ended, Iruka dismissed them for lunch.

As usual, Ayane was all alone, she sat by a bench and started to eat her meal. While she was eating, many of the students passed by and started to talk about her.

"Look at that, she's alone again, good for her." Whispered by a random student.

"Yeah, she's too quiet, her voice is very soft when she speaks and she's so weird, no wonder people doesn't want to talk to her." Another random student answered.

Despite all the insults the other students said to her, she still kept a friendly smile. But it can't be avoided to have doubts as well.

"Maybe they're right. Maybe I'm too weird. I can't help it though I-I'm..." Ayane thought while a drop of tear fell running through her cheek.

The bell rang informing the students that lunch is over. The students then went to the training grounds. As they all gathered, Iruka-Sensei greeted them and explained the instructions.

"As you all can see here, there are ten circles that has a red dot in the center, your objective here, obviously, is to throw a kunai at the circles aiming for the red dot. Now, you only get eleven kunais for every ten target, and today, you'll be performing it three ways. First, you'll be eight meters away from the target. Second, you'll be fifteen meters away. And lastly, fifteen meters away plus, your target will be moving and you'll have to be in the air in order to aim it exactly. Any questions? None? Okay we'll begin. Let's start with you, Shikamaru." Iruka-Sensei pointed.

"Ugh. Why me? What a drag." Shikamaru complained while walking to the area.

"Oh. I hope Shikamaru-Kun will do well" Ayane thought.

Shikamaru, one of the top ninjas in the whole ninja academy, went first. At the first test, he did well. He got eight bulls-eyes out of ten. Second test, he got six bulls-eyes. Third, he got four bulls-eyes.