Get to know.

Chapter Four: Get to know.

Morning came, and it was exam day. Ayane headed up to the academy with all the other students.

"Good morning students! This is it! This is the day you become Genins! Guess, what you'll be doing? Cloning jutsu. Yes. So, one by one, I'm gonna call out your names and immediately go to the testing room. Shino Aburame, you're up first." Iruka said.

Without wasting any time, one by one the students' name was called until Ayane's name was called. She then entered the testing room. At first she didn't got it right, then Iruka gave her a second chance and did well. As time passed, all of the students did the test and passed it, until Naruto came outside. He was the last one to do it. Parents were outside also to congratulate their children.

"Huh? Why is Naruto sad?" Ayane thought. While watching Naruto walk to the swing.

"Sh-Should I talk to him? *gulp

As Ayane was about to walk to Naruto, someone blocked her.

"Um, Ayane."

"Huh? Ohh, Shikamaru."

"Um, I just wanted to say... Congrats for passing the exam..." Shikamaru said giving Ayane a nervous smile.

*gulp "Shikamaru-Kun, th-thank you. Y-you too." Ayane shyly answered as she looked away.

"I-I'm... sorry too for... For being a jerk..." Shikamaru didn't finished and ran away.

He again, left Ayane standing there like an idiot, blushing. She looked again on the swing and Naruto wasn't there, she was disappointed. Then, moments later, Aunt Aki was there to pick her up. Then the two came home, as they entered their house, a big strawberry cake and some rice balls were at their table.

"Congratulations, my angel. I'm so proud of you!" Aki said

Without answering, Ayane cried.

"Oh no, don't cry... This is the time to enjoy and be happy, not to cry. C'mon lets eat!"

After eating the two sat at their living room.

"Angel, now that you're a Genin now, I have something to show you." Aki said cheerfully to Ayane reaching for a box.

"Wait, before I give this to you, where's your headband?"

"Oh, it's right here aunt Aki." Ayane said giving her the headband.

Then Aki tied the head band to Ayane's neck.

"There, now you look just like your mom! Here, wear these if you're having a mission or something. It's time to throw those long sleeves of yours." Aki said smiling.

"Th-thank you aunt Aki!"

Night came and Ayane went to bed. But something's bothering her.

"Oh, I can't fall asleep." Then she jumped out from her balcony and visited her parents' and sister's grave.

"Daddy, mommy & big sister, thank you for looking out to me. Guiding me through my life. Wherever you are, please be safe." She quietly prayed. Then, unexpectedly, she felt someone was in the graveyard as well.

She looked back and Sasuke was there, also praying to his parents. They looked at each other for a moment. She felt something was wrong... Then she broke the staring.

She nodded and smiled at him to inform that she'll be going now, and began to walk back to her house. Then she fell asleep, morning came and this was the day Iruka will announce the teams.

She got out of bed and did her usual routine in the morning, she put on her usual long sleeved hoodie clothes, like Hinata, she tied her headband on her neck. She was about to go to the academy when...