thirty three

thirty three

"Wake up," Luke said, poking Matty. He sat on the floor of the tour bus, jabbing his finger harder into Matty's rib each time.

"Shut the fuck up," he groaned, rolling over on the couch until his back faced Luke.

Everyone on the bus was asleep—from little Nolan to bulky, tattoed crew members. It's been a long day of traveling and there's not much more to do.

"Mom texted me," he said.

Matty suddenly flipped over, wide awake. "Your mom?"

"No, Matt, obviously my other mother that I've never mentioned in my life." Luke said when Matty actually began to believe him. "No, Mathew, it's my actual, one and only mother."

"Well, what'd she say?" He asked, already making grabby hands towards Luke's phone.

He tossed it over, letting his spouse look at it for himself.

From / Mom

Hi Lukey, it's Mom.

"Oh, my God. She called you Lukey."

"Keep reading!" Luke whisper-yelled, trying not to wake anyone up on the bus.

I'm glad to hear that the tour is going well and that you all are going to be here soon. We all miss you dearly, I cannot wait to see you.

If you, Matty, and Nolan want to stay at our place while you're here, you're more than welcome to. I think I'd even prefer you'd stay here - to catch up on all the missed times.

Nolan and Matty are looking great, as well as you. I'm glad everything worked out in the end, I really am.

Are you going to see Michael while you're here?

Hope to hear from you soon. x

Matty turned his head, looking at his husband. "Whoa, what?"

Luke locked his phone and jumped up on Matty's lap, cuddling into his chest. "Mom is, like, okay with us."

"What if this is actually a Lifetime movie and she's gonna kill us?" Matty asked, curling his arms around Luke's waist.

"Matt."

"Sorry." He nuzzled his nose into the crook of Luke's neck before continuing, "So, are you gonna see Michael?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Oh."

Luke looked down at him. "Why? Do you not want me to?"

He shrugged. "I mean, I'm not gonna be an asshole or anything, but, like, he's your ex. Your only other ex, the only other guy you've loved," Matty admitted, "I'm just being jealous, I'm sorry."

"No, no," Luke licked over his lips and furrowed his eyebrows, "I get what you're saying. But, he's an old friend of mine more than anything. I'm happily married and so is he, nothing is gonna happen."

Matty pressed his lips to the corner of Luke's mouth. "I know," he whispered, pecking at Luke's mouth once more.

"So, what should we do about my parents? Do you wanna stay with them?"

"What if they hate me?"

Luke shrugged. "I don't think they do," he paused, "Anymore."

"You're really boosting my confidence right now." Matty tightened his grip of Luke's waist, getting comfortable with his love on his lap once more. "I mean, their grandchild is half of me, so they should at least tolerate me."

"Nolan is literally you."

"Nuh-uh," he denied, "He has your face, but my hair."

"That's not true."

"Are you telling me I don't know what my own child looks like?" Matty asked, his smile curling further upwards.

"A little bit, yeah."

"He has your nose! And your eyes! He has fuckin' blue eyes, Mate!" Matty pointed at his own eyes, the color a dark brown. "You can't deny solid proof."

"You're so annoying."

"You love me."

Luke shrugged, "Eh." He couldn't keep a straight face as he looked at his husband.

Matty reached over, grabbing his sides and tickling his skin until he broke out into laughter. "Admit it!"

"No!" Luke choked out.

Matt made Luke scream out in laughter, almost piss his pants in the process. He knew Luke never lasted long while tickling. If Matty ever needed anything from the blonde, he'd just tickle him until he did it.

It was true romance.

How would you feel if your parents dropped you like Luke's?

Do you think Matty and Luke are happy?

Are you happy?