thirty two

thirty two

"Do you know where your dad is?" Michael asked Juli as he stood behind her, braiding her hair. He's gotten really good at braiding hair since he joined the Hood household.

"Being gay," she responded, looking down at her phone.

"Well, I mean, we are at our wedding. This is pretty gay." Michael took a step back after he finished her hair. He looked at the eldest Hood whom will soon be his official, legal step-daughter.

Their small wedding theme was fixated around the color gold—the color of the wedding bands, their bedsheets, and now their wedding.

The dark tones of Juli's skin fit so perfectly with the gold in her skirt then the seam of her blouse.

Michael had on a tux, the black coat still hanging over the closed toilet lid as he wasn't ready to get that on. He had a gold bow tie, and knew Calum had a matching one.

"Aren't you not supposed to see each other before the wedding?" Joey asked, reaching down from his spot on the bathtub rim to tie his dress shoes.

"I thought that was only a thing for the bride and her wedding dress," the older man responded. He fixed his dirty blonde hair in the mirror, making sure everything was going to look perfect. "You two ready?"

They both nodded, taking small steps with small conversation leaving their lips towards the back door of their beach house.

It was a sunny day, but not too hot. There was a calm breeze blowing the sand on the beach around and the leaves of the palm trees swaying.

Everything was at peace.

Michael spotted Calum before he spotted June. Cal was down on his knees, his head bent as June placed a light purple flower behind his ear. The duo looked up as Juli, June, and Michael came by.

Michael's parents were the only other guests, both of them already sitting on the back deck a few feet away.

"Flower for you," June said, holding up a matching purple flower.

Mike bent down, trying not to get sand over his black slacks. June tucked the flower behind Michael's ear, proud of her work. She did the same to her two older siblings before giving one to herself.

She got two more flowers, handing them to Michael's parents without saying a word.

Ms. Clifford was completely in love with June. Like, a complete infatuation with the youngest Hood. She finally had [step] grandchildren, and they were the best grandchildren she could have ever imagined.

Their wedding was low-key, Juli muttering "Gay" twice during their vows. It was a nice wedding, full of smiles and laughter and pure happiness. It was official now, they were legally married.

Luke found Matty on the balcony of their Chicago hotel a few minutes before midnight. Luke had gone to check on Nolan before looking for his husband.

The curly-haired man had a lighter in his left hand, a spoon in his right. At first, Luke was convinced he was doing some drug that the blonde couldn't even pronounce. On second glance, he realized the spoon was empty.

"What are you doing?" He asked, pulling his robe closer to his body.

Matty looked up from the bench he was sitting in. "Trying to stay sober."

Luke took a seat next to him, crossing his legs under his body and leaning his head on Matt's shoulder. "By burning a spoon?"

Matty couched out a laugh in the cold, spring air. "It's how you make heroine, you idiot."

"Oh." Luke watched Matty light the spoon a few more times, simply heating it up with nothing else to do.

"It just feels good," he finally said in the silence of the night.

"I guess I kind of get it."

Matt put down his hands, placing the spoon and lighter down. He placed his right hand on the inside of Luke's thigh, holding him close. He rested his own head on top of Luke's and closed his eyes, taking in the moment. "I've been sober this tour."

Luke put his hand on top of Matty's squeezing his palm. "I'm really proud of you for that."

"I promise, I've gotta step up, you know? One of these days, we're gonna get kid number two. Nolan and them don't deserve me being this garbage bag of a father." Matty expressed his concerns, his eyes now open and staring out to the night life city below them.

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

Matty lifted his head, pressing a sloppy kiss to Luke's cheekbone. "I love you, you keep me so strong."

I'm not ready for this to be over, what the fuck. 

Calum/Michael's small wedding?

Thoughts on Michael's parents?

Do you think Matt/Luke are able to have an other kid?

Do any of you have any idea about what I've got planned?