18.0 We Must Be Killers

Start from the beginning

"My mother...if she knew what I had done...who I am...She raised me to be better, to be good, and all I do is hurt people. I'm a monster." he trailed off.

Andromeda shifted her body so that she was in front of Bellamy but he still would not look at her. She raised her hands to his bloodied face and gently turned it to face her. He looked into her eyes. She slowly rubbed her thumbs back and forth along his jaw to comfort him.

"You saved my life today. Today, and every day. You may be a total ass half the time, but I can't do this without you. I need you. Not just me. Everyone else: Clarke, Octavia, Jasper, Finn, Monty, Raven. We all need you. None of us would have survived this place if it wasn't for you."

Bellamy took his eyes off of hers and moved his head away. Andromeda wouldn't let him get away that easily. She shifted a little bit more forward so that she was practically on top of him.

"Dammit, Bellamy. If you want forgiveness, fine I'll give it to you. You're forgiven. Okay? But you can't run, Bellamy. You have to come back with me."

Bellamy sniffed, "Jaha will kill me when he comes down."

"He'll have to kill me first. We'll figure something out. We'll do it together."

Bellamy relaxed against the tree, "Well can we figure it out later?"

Andromeda nodded and leaned against the tree once more, "Whenever you're ready."

There was a comfortable silence between the two of them before Bellamy broke it.

"Bellamy," he said.

Andromeda turned her head to look at him, "What?"

He smiled softly, "You called me Bellamy."

Andromeda closed her eyes as she rested, "That's your name isn't it?"

She felt Bellamy chuckle next to her before he took a deep breath and asked, "What did you see?"

Andromeda took a second before answering, "Exactly what you saw. Hell."

Bellamy turned to look at her.

"I saw William."

Bellamy didn't say anything but he understood.

She elaborated, "He said everything I've been thinking since I've killed him, all my fears. I'm losing my humanity, Bellamy. He said everyone I cared about would leave me."

Bellamy placed a gentle hand on her knee and she opened her eyes to look at him.

"I'm not going to leave," he whispered.

They both heard the unsaid part in that simple sentence. "I'm not going to leave you." That simple statement meant a lot to Andromeda.

They once more sat in silence as an hour passed by. Eventually they got to their feet and made their way back to the depot. Quickly, they tied all of the guns they could carry and filled sacks with ammunition. They didn't speak on the way back to the camp each of them consumed in their own thoughts of the nights events.

The fires of the camp illuminated their faces as they entered the door. No one paid them any attention for they were too busy paying attention to Miller's shouting.

"He's gone!"

There was much muttering and speculation about what was about to happen.

"Let the Grounders come!" Bellamy called out letting their presence known. "We've been afraid of them for far too long. And why? Because of their knives and spears? Well I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being afraid."