CHAPTER 23

This upcoming part is linked with the previous chapter's "HER POV". If you can piece it together, you are awesome! Read this while listening to the song above! Nell-time spent walking through memories~ ^^

====================================================================================

[HIS POV]

"Hana yah~please wake up..." I pleaded loudly for the umpteenth time. Heaving loudly, I held her hand close to my lips and gave it a little peck. I could have sworn that I noticed her eyes twitched in that moment.

Hope lits up within me. I stood up immediately and leaned in close, trying to see if she would show any signs of waking up. "Please, Hana.." I prayed. But she remained that way, motionless.

"Namjoon hyung, you need some rest," Jimin pointed out as he came into the ward with Taehyung following closely behind him.

"Yeah, here, have some bread. I bought it from the bakery downstairs," Jin said as he offered me cheese bread.

I just don't have much of an appetite. It doesn't feel right for me to be eating something when she is over here, lying like this.

Jungkook seemed to understand. "If you don't want to eat, then at least go wash yourself up! Would noona like to see you...like..THIS?" he said as he gestured to all of me with disgust on his face.

He was right. I haven't paid much attention to myself ever since she is admitted to the hospital. But still...I don't really want to leave her side.

"I will stay by her side," Seung Ho interrupted my thoughts. "Besides," he said as he stared at Hana longingly, "I have some things to tell her..."

I couldn't do much but sigh and nod.

***

With a washcloth in one hand, I dried my hair hastily as I walked down the hallway. I pushed the door to Hana's ward with the other hand only to see Yoo Seung Ho, sitting by her side, holding her hands tight.

"You were almost 2 years old," Yoo Seung Ho continued his story to Hana. I just leaned by the door frame and listened.

"Do you remember when we played with the swings in the orphanage?" Seung Ho said, full of happiness in his tone. "I remember swinging high up into the air and you would pout as you were too short. Your legs couldn't touch the ground," he chuckled. "You would whine and I always had to give in to just pushing you on your swing."

"I would always try to get extra cupcakes from the kitchen to give them to you. You liked sweet things. I would constantly worry whether will you get tooth decay from that," he muttered.

I could see that her face became more lively. Her cheeks appear more flushed and pink.

"Oh, and do you remember when I climbed the tree to get your pink balloon down? It got stuck by a tree branch as it slipped from your hand. I manage to grab it but in the meantime I fell down the tree," he grins as he reminisce their past memories with Hana. He continued, "I still had my smile on as I handed the balloon to you... but you just pushed my hand away and started crying. You saw the cuts and bruises on my legs and hands...and you felt guilty..." he dragged on.

He paused and sighed. "Hana yah.... do you remember now?"

I couldn't stop myself to walk close to Seung Ho and give him a comforting pat on his back. He looked really tired as well. There were dark circles around his eyes. He got up and head out of the room to get himself a drink.