Chapter 23

JACKSON

I held her hand the entire car ride home. We sat in silence the whole way. It wasn't awkward. It was comforting.

We pulled up in my driveway to see that all the cars were gone.

I cut the engine. "Huh? I wonder where they went."

"They didn't tell you?"

I shook my head. "Nope. But they probably thought we were going to spend the whole day out." I stepped out of the car. She followed my lead. "What's that?" I pointed as we neared the front door. A note was taped on the door. I took it off and read it.

"What's it say?"

"Ran out. Won't be home for a few hours. Stay with Kim until we get back. Mom and Dirk."

"Wow. Was it really worth it to put up a note?"

I crumbled up the note and put it in my pocket. "Apparently. Like I said, they're worried about me. They won't let me be home alone."

"So, they think it's okay that your girlfriend stays alone with you in the house for a few hours?"

I nodded. "Yup. Apparently they trust us which was a big mistake."

She laughed. "You are full of it."

"Which is why you love me." I said and unlocked the door, entering the house. "You hungry?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"Okay. Let's invade the pantry and see if there's something left that Jake didn't eat yet."

She sat at the island and watched as I looked through the pantry. "Need any help finding something?"

"No." I said and pulled a full pack of Oreos out. "How did Jake not get to these yet?" Jake is obsessed with Oreos. I brought them over and placed them in front of Kim and opened them.

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome." I said and wrapped my arms around her from the back and kissed her cheek as she took an Oreo and ate it.

"This is nice." She said. "Get to spend a few more hours together."

"Yeah. That's great." I said and then found myself starting to kiss the back of her ear repeatedly. She didn't move. My hands moved so they were both on her hips as I began to kiss her neck and shoulder.

She suddenly spun around. She smiled before she placed her lips over mine. The kiss deepened as I pulled her closer and wrapped one of her legs around me, stroking it.

I pulled her up so her arms were around my neck and her legs around my hips. "How are we going to play this?" I asked, parting my lips away from hers by not even an inch.

"Let's go someplace more private and go with the flow." She breathed out.

"I like that. To my room?"

"To your room."

I placed her down. "Yeah, if I carry you up the stairs we will die." I held her hand as we walked up the stairs, basically running down the hall to the attic.

I closed the attic doors behind us. Once the last door was closed I pushed Kim gently against the door and started kissing her again.

"Aren't you going to lock the door?" She asked once my lips left hers and traveled down her jaw and neck.

"Dirk took them off." I said as I continued to kiss her neck. "After what happened last time he doesn't want to give me the power to lock my door."