Poor kid.

I shake my head solemnly; deciding that it's best to leave him alone right now.

I turn and head down the hall into my office flickering on the light as I stepped inside. I walk over placing the box on top of my desk before my office phone begins to go off. Leaning over, I pick up the phone off the receiver bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello, this is James, how may I help you?" I greet, my voice firm but polite.

"Uhh.. Hey, it's Niall."

"Hey, Niall." I sigh, knowing why he is calling.

"I tried calling Harry but he didn't answer so I figured I'd call you instead."

"Yeah, I don't think he will be answering anyone for a while."

"How is he?" Niall asks, in a soft hesitant voice.

"The same way he has always been this time of year." I reply, opening up the box of files with my free hand.

"He's got the shakes." I add."It's like he is flashing back to the time in his mind and he is freaking out about it. He isn't trying to show it but I can tell."

"I wish Harry would just listen to us for once and-"

"Niall, you can't judge him for the way he feels." I interrupt. "None of you have the right to do that."

"How would you feel if you were in his shoes?" I ask, taking out a file from the box, stopping my movements waiting for an answer but he doesn't give me one.

"Exactly." I mutter. "So I think the best that we can do for him this week is to just leave him alone and try not to ask him much about it, okay?"

"Are you going to make him talk to Sarah?"

"Yes. I have to." I mutter, shaking my head. "I know it may not be the right thing to do but I'm just following orders. You know as well as he does that part of the deal was for him to speak about his problems."

"See this is why I don't like the police, or anything that has to do with the law." Niall complains. "You guys always think you have some sort of power over people."

"I'm pretty sure that you hate the police for other reasons." I reply, a small smile tugging on my lips.

"Besides, the laws are there to keep the public safe from guys like you." I add.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say hypocrite." Niall grumbles, waving this string of conversation off, making me chuckle.

"I just think since Harry has to talk to her at least twice a month, why does it have to be this week? Why can't it be towards the end of the month?" He asks.

"Yeah, I agree." I nod, placing the file on my desk, before leaning against the side looking out the window.

"However, the people who are above me and that are in charge of Harry's sentence aren't that easy to persuade." I add.

"Just please know that I am doing my best to help him out. He is my friend too." I remind him.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, bossman."

"Okay, well I have to go. I have work to do but I'll keep you updated."

"Okay, thanks." Niall replies before I hang up the phone.