Chapter 7

Two months have passed since the dreadful accident. Although people think that time will heal everything, that Tom would feel less guilty or that maybe the pain in his chest will stop eventually, truth to be told it never does. Tom sat by her bed thinking how beautiful she looked even in a hospital bed with no makeup on. He could swear that she was the most beautiful women to ever walk the earth, well for him she was.

"Please wake up angel." He whispered softly picking her hand up and planting a gentle kiss on her knuckles. From the very beginning the doctors told them that they should talk to her, that she listens to everything they say, yet still she has no reaction. He felt as though it was forever that he last heard her sweet voice. Not a day passed that he didn't relieve that day again. Every time he closed his eyes the scene replayed in his mind like a horrible movie over and over again .

"I'm so sorry for everything baby, please wake up. For the rest of my life I will do nothing but prove just how much I love you." He said quietly holding her hand as she just lay there still. Her long brown hair framed her pale face perfectly making her look almost like the sleeping beauty, except sadly she wasn't sleeping.

Tom inhaled the scent of flowers as he glanced around the room. It was filled with her favourite flower-roses, he had them brought every day because he wanted her to wake up to a room full with flowers. She always shared her passion for flowers with him. He recalled the times when they'd walk through a park, valley or really any scenery where you could connect with the nature. He always liked how she would stop to admire the beauty of the flowers. The memories made the tears built gradually into his eyes he blamed himself for her being stuck to that hospital bed, attached to all those machines. He wished to swap places with her, his Avery shouldn't be one in that hospital bed; if anyone it should be him.

He stood up and stretched his muscles ,his body was tense and his muscles ached all over from sleeping there all night, and the tingling numb sensation in his fingers just wouldn't stop. The hospital has been his home for the past two months. He walked over to the door when he heard Rita's voice. Rita was had supported him since the beginning of the situation, when he needed comfort the most she was the first to approach him. She was the nice nurse who worked at the front desk. Tom couldn't help but peel his ears to the door when he heard that she was talking with Avery's doctor.

"Do not suggest that to them." She said, even from behind the door he could sense that she was tensed about something. Tom debated on whether or not he should come outside and see what was going on.

"You know I have to Rita." Dr. Shone sighed heavily.

"Don't say I didn't warn you about the reaction." She added the moment Tom opened the door slowly "What's going on? He asked crossing his arms over my chest leaning on the wooden door frame.

"I have to go I have a patient. Excuse me Tom, Dr.Shone." Rita excused herself almost too quickly. Tom stared intently at the doctor hoping to get a clue from his facial expression but his expression was quite blank no emotion whatsoever.

"Mr. Felton when her sister comes please join me in my office." said Dr. Shone flatly, his facial muscles stayed rigid, reading his expressions was almost an enigma.

"Sure, but why? Is something wrong?" Tom asked, his voice trembling slightly as concern took over his thoughts.

"I have to talk with both of you at the same time, so when she's here come to my office," the doctor said "I have to go now I have to see another patient." He excused himself and left Tom bewildered. Immediately he pulled out his phone from his pocket and called Saloni, she answered on the second ring "Did she wake up?!" She asked hopeful "No sadly no, when will you be here?" He sighed heavily pushing his hand into his pocket, the situation was rough on everyone.