Chapter 6 - A flirt

Start from the beginning

"Hello" her voice sounded winded.

"Hello back at you" Marcus greeted her.

"Do I even want to know where you got my phone number?" Asked Nessa. He laughed at her reply. Now that was the Nessa he was used dealing with.

 "Let's leave it at magic" Marcus replied and he knew she could hear the mischief in his voice as she huffed.

"Okay?" continued Nessa, which was more than a question than an answer.

"Any plans for tonight?" Asked Marcus.

"Green eyes, are you asking me out?" She prompted.

"I have to earn my keep somehow now, don't I?" Jested Marcus.

"Oh, and who said you would stay over?" Flirted Nessa.

"Careful, girlie, you are close to breaking my heart" Continued on Marcus.

"And we wouldn't want that, would we? Fine!" Her attempt to do a mock surrender was amusing. Marcus grinned wider when he heard her question "What are you cooking?".

"Steamy things" Marcus replied double-meaningful and it earned him a laugh from her. "I take it you approve. I'll pick the groceries and see you around eight?"

"Yip, sounds fantastic. See you then" said Nessa and hung up. Grinning she got back to her work at the dinner.

Four hours later, Marcus could not believe that the girl who was dinining with him was the same girl he had seen and read about. She has outgrown her teen small country look and drove into womanhood, developing to become sophisticated but still down to Earth she-wolf. Everything about her seemed so normal and settled that for once Marcus started wondering what he was doing here or with her. He was not her mate and could not, would not settle down. Not now that his revenge for Emma was so close. When was he supposed to move on? A month? A year or more after her death? Or maybe after his revenge? And then what? What was there waiting for him? A couple more good years as an Alpha and then his loss would consume him. He knew that. That is why he wanted to exact the revenge now, today, not tomorrow.

He could not pull her into this? Or could he be selfish and pretend that nothing was happening and that he was just having a dinner with a friend? A friend, who was not only beautiful, but was not terrified of him, neither was she seeking any gain from him. For her, he was plain Marcus, who she knew little about but was not afraid to jest with him all evening long. Watching how easy going she was, Marcus was only getting jealous of her mate, whoever the little bastard was, he was surely lucky. One day, this beautiful person will bring all the cheer and laughter to someone else's life. Marcus had to clench his teeth to stop the growl that was coming from within him.

Was he developing a thing for her? His new found jealousy only surved to prove it. Damn, she got under his skin so fast.

"Nessa, I have something to tell you" Marcus started. Her eyes were already on him when he spoke and he knew he had her undivided attention. He was just taking a deep breath to continue with the revelation for his title, when she interrupted him.

"I never had a gay friend, but it's cool. Seriously!" said Nessa and continued eating.

Marcus chocked on his food. "Of all of the things that can cross your mind, how on Earth, would you come up with that conclusion?"

"You cook deliciously, dress up fabulously, hang around with me... You know, there are just so much an ordinary guy can do. And hands down you're amazing. So there you go, you have to be gay. But I am cool with it as long as you don't change completely and become irritable, old prune on me" Nessa finished. He was stunned. There were so many things wrong with her little speech but in the same time, she called him fabulous and amazing. He could bet that she did not even suspect how much she was stroking his Ego. Who wouldn't fall for a woman, who thought so highly of him?

His initial stupor gave way to his want for her. He reached out and pulled her towards him, crushing his lips on her. She gulped in surprise of his assertiveness. He didn't give her time to react and shot his tongue in her mouth. He needed to feel her, to taste her. She stiffed in his arms, but then quickly responded to his kiss, wrestling his tongue for dominance. He grinned against her lips and pulled her over his lap. He needed to feel her against him. His hands pulled her closer and started massaging her lower back and bottom as they were kissing, while her fingers roamed through his hair. Goddess, how much he wanted her! He needed her.... badly...

He could not stop himself. He knew that he had to break off the kiss and explain himself, but he could not muster strength to do so. So cowardly he selfishly followed her lead.

So this is it, my dears!

Nessa and Marcus are getting their grove on... The Steamy Scene is going to follow... up next!!! In the next chapter...

xoxo,

McSteamy

PS> EDITED June 2014 - The steamy scene is rated X and you can find it in my profile "The Change - X rated chapters and edits". You have to be a fan to read and you know Mature scenes, so ya-da-ya-da.. :)