Chapter 10 - Rejected

All chapters are on Wp. You need to be a follower to read them. So follow me, add story if you haven't already done so, then sign off Wattpad, sign back in and refresh your library. All chapters will appear for you.
Thank you for the support.

Chapter 10 – Rejected

(picture on the side Alpha Brandon of the Rover Grove Pack)

Brandon

Brandon's eyes shot open only to discover that the night was young and that he felt restless. The hot summer night was interrupted by a cool breeze, coming through the open window. It was enough to waffle Juliet's hair and bring her scent to him. She was sleeping peacefully, snuggled into his side. Calm, relaxed and beautiful. He could not stop himself and lovingly brushed some of the hair away from her face. She was the reason for his happiness. She was his everything.

He leaned in to kiss her. Before his lips could touch her delicate skin, his heart skipped a beat. He felt it clear as a day and he knew exactly what it meant. Nevertheless, it caught him off guard and his lips landed on her cheek not as gracefully as he had planned. Juliet immediately woke up. Her eyes showed her surprise, which quickly gave way to concern as she saw him over her.

"Is everything all right?"

"It will be. Go to sleep, beautiful." Brandon said and kissed her hair and quickly left the bed.

Shutting the door behind him, he finally let go of the breath that he was subconsciously holding. The emptiness spread through the mind connection, across his body and into his heart. What little connection he had left with Vanessa was broken. These last couple of weeks, he could barely feel her. He could only determine the general direction in which she was at and that she was fine. But now...There was nothing.... He poked and tried to push through the nothingness. Just in case, she finally managed to shield her thoughts completely. But this time he could not even sense the walls.

He didn't know if he should be happy or sad about Vanessa. She certainly deserved her happiness and for that he should be happy. Right? The pang in it all was when he realized that maybe she accepted the rejection because she had found someone else. Imagining Nessa with someone else was too hard for his wolf to bear. Even after so many years, his wolf was craving for hers. She might have turned to be the most infuriating little she-wolf he had had the displeasure of knowing, but for his wolf she continued to be his true mate. Brandon took a deep breath and tried to chase the sorrow that washed over him away. After all, it wasn't as if this was a normal occurrence for him either - you only get rejected by your true mate once.

"You get hung up on things you get used to. And yes, Nessa is just that." He tried to explain to himself the hollowness that he felt. He grew up with her. She has always been the constant in his life. He could see, feel and link with her. Ever since she turned eighteen and consummated their relationship, Nessa was his. She was his past that he could not shake off quite well. And now she was gone. After so many years of silence, he could not believe that she finally accepted his rejection.

He didn't want her. No. He could never imagine himself with her again. But he couldn't help it but feel hurt by her acceptance to HIS rejection. It felt like a piece of his life was slowly dissolving, leaving sorrow, soreness and pain in his life. He could only imagine what she must have felt when he rejected her. No wonder that she isolated herself or why she was avoiding him like plague. On the few occasions that he had actually had the misfortune to see her, she was mean and bitter.

It was understandable. After all, he wouldn't want to have seen himself either, if he were her. He still felt bad for treating her that way. Back then he was so immature and selfish. He was such a pompons know-it-all. And he didn't know shit. He came to realize that years ago he should have handled the whole situation differently. He should have sat her down and explained himself, instead of cheating on her and insulting her once she confronted him. To add insult to injury, she must have felt every touch, every kiss and every thrust through their mind link, too. He learned to control the mind link much later on - just after he became The Alpha.

He could only imagine her pain. He was ready to kick his behind for causing a pack mate so much pain. He needed to make things right again.

Apologize to her. Make it up to her.

After all it was nothing personal. He didn't even want her now, did he?

***

Hello, my dears!

So things are promising to get complicated with Brandon's account of the events. Next chapter will focus on Marcus and his relevation that Nessa is his mate. How would he react? Would he want the relationship? Stay tuned to find out. Until then vote, comment, fan!

Luv y'all!

xoxo,

McSteamy

PS. Picture of Brandon on the side.

Q: do you think they look similiar - Marcus and Brandon?