Dancing among the Stars 37

Rose tried to sleep that night, cold and sore in the snow. Her captor's had given her a piece of stale bread and water to drink but still her stomach growled in hunger. She felt nauseous as the pains in her stomach increased, and she gagged as her stomach churned. Leaning against the tree, she closed her eyes and let out a soft moan as the cramped muscles of her neck and back protested the slight movements. A breeze blew up and she shivered, her breath a plume of smoke in the air, "Ylva…" She thought,"Please help me be strong."

Suddenly a figure appeared from the tent, "You may release the woman now."

Rose's head shot up and winced, "Ralon…"

The boa constrictor came from the tent and watched as Rose was untied from the bonds, wrists held tight by another thief. "Easy boys," Ralon smirked, "She's a rare delicacy, this one." He walked over to her, as her gag was removed, and traced a finger along her jawbone. His touch was oddly warm for a man so cold. "Yes…a rare delicacy indeed." The tone of his voice made Rose shiver, not from cold, but from fear.

Ralon chuckled softly, "Bring her to my tent for proper food and drink. She is after all a princess!" The prospect of proper food, made Rose almost want to follow the thief, but better judgment told her to stay in the cold. Ralon took her arm and led her to a large tent where a small table sat with a steaming roast, biscuits and a tankard of sweet wine. Her bonds were released and yet Rose did not bolt like a frightened deer. She instead stood, still as a statue.

"Come. Sit at my table, your Highness." His offer was dripping with gentlemanly sarcasm and Rose basked in the warmth of the tent for a few precious seconds before slowly making her way to sit at one end of the table.

Persistent hunger pains made Rose eat some of the roast and thirst made her drink some of the berry-flavored wine. She never once looked up to meet her enemy's gaze, yet he kept staring at her through his lashes. The food soon made her sleepy and yet ready to throw up: she had accepted to get herself into this situation and there was no way out now.

Silently, she stood and in a flash Ralon held a dagger to her throat, "I'm not letting you get away that easy, my little Rosie."

Her nerves stretched taut as he threw the dagger to the side and grasped her wrist, "I get my pleasure and you'll get your freedom…soon enough." Rose struggled in his grip and her breathing quickened in dread as her heart pounded painfully in her chest.

Ralon threw her on the bed and pinned her wrists to her sides. He nuzzled her neck and grazed the pale skin at her collarbone. Bending close to whisper in her ear, she tensed as he whispered, in a heated tone, "Soon enough, girl, soon enough."

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Nyesh crept out of the tent, violet eyes scanning the fading horizon. Closing his eyes a moment, he took a deep breath of the winter air and shifted into the sleek form of a wolf, bounding off into the wood. Fear made his muscles hurry on and his chest construct with every breath, yet he knew he must find her.

Shifting back into human form, he turned around as the rustling of branches met his ears. "Nyesh?"

Even in the scant moonlight, Nyesh saw the porcelain-smooth skin, ebony hair and golden eyes that were the wyvern princess'. He stood there in the middle of the clearing and watched as she made her way to him, cheeks flushed, "I know where to find her." She said, her voice also carrying a hint of exhaustion.

Chu'si dragged him through the woods and Nyesh had a feeling that her motives were not good.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000