Dancing among the Stars part 19

Disclaimer: The lyrics are from the song: 'Where will you Go' By Evanescence.

You're too important for anyone
You play the role of all you long to be
But I, I know who you really are
You're the one who cries when you're alone

But where will you go
With no one left to save you from yourself
You can't escape
You can't escape

Rakab cursed quietly as Ralon, drove a dagger point into his back, forcing him along. The other thieves laughed at Rakab's weakness and pushed him around, shoving him to the ground. He felt Ralon's foot press him to the ground, the toe of his boot pressing into his shoulder. Rak growled and heard the soft clink of the chains on his hands as he tried to move. Ralon snatched the collar of Rakab's shirt and dragged him up, nearly choking Rak in the process. Ralon grinned, "Keep walking, Rak, or I'll drag ya by your ankles!"

You think that I can't see right through your eyes
Scared to death to face reality
No one seems to hear your hidden cries
You're left to face yourself alone

But where will you go (where will you go)
With no one left to save you from yourself
You can't escape
The truth

Rakab sighed softly and winced as the chains cut into his skin when he walked. The leader of Sheeva Intre had been stupid to fall for their well-laid trap and blamed himself for it entirely, he was willing to accept death if it came. And besides, what use was he to anyone anymore?

Namid had a secure home, a mate, and soon a child would come…what more would she need with him?

I realize you're afraid (I realize)
But you can't abandon everyone
You can't escape
You don't want to escape

He remembered the Lupine lullaby and of its promise of freedom, and a smile twitched at his mouth as he thought of the wolves, his clan. The sun beat upon his back as the tight chains cut into his skin and he bowed his head in defeat. Freedom meant nothing now to him; it was only a word, after all.

If freedom meant he could love Namid, he would embrace it with open arms. "I'm sorry I've done this…to myself and to you, Namid. I love you with all my heart, but I love you enough to respect your choice…" he thought.

Rakab was suddenly pushed to the ground again and whipped. His anger subsided to a feeble attempt to stifle the pain from the gashes made along his back. Bleeding and throbbing, he was mocked, spat at, and laughed at. His cries rang through the air; his painful howls and whimpers however fell on deaf ears, for no one heard him.

I'm so sick of speaking words that no one understands
Is it clear enough that you can't live your whole life all alone?
I can hear you when you whisper
But you can't even hear me screaming

The thieves stopped their 'game' and left him there to bleed for the night, not bothering to patch up his wounds. It was like this seven days before, when they had captured him, they would drag him along when they traveled, beat him and leave him by the fire while they set up camp. Long scars and infected wounds covered his body, rendering him a slave of torture. He put up with it and did not fight back, for what was the point? He was going to die anyway and he had no reason to live anymore.

Yet his memories of Namid comforted him in these times, and kept his spirit strong. In his dreams, he imagined a different life, with difficulties yes, but under different circumstances. She ruled over the Lupine, as their Alphess and he as their Alpha. Namid was a beautiful queen, with robes of stark white and a crown of full moon shapes, made from moonstones. Bless Ylva, they were beautiful dreams and he treasured them.