Chapter XI

(A/N "Ballad of Monalisa" Panic at the Disco! This is her dress for the ball!)

(Three Months have passed it since she became second in command)

Katerina's POV

Three months have passed since I became the second in command. Life at the castle is great the knights are in even better shape and can actually hold a javelin correctly. The advancements of the knights truly surprise me. Everyday after training Salvador would bug me about the marriage,I finally said I'd go with but he would have to wait. Tomorrow is a ball they're holding for my birthday,Salvador is already back to attend the ball as my escort. Tonight I'm resting for all week I'm going to be busy the king said that the ball will last all week but I don't have to come all week. Suddenly there was a knock on my door,"Katerina may I come in?"

"Yes Salvador come on in if you wish,"I said.

Opening the door with a smile on his face,"Katerina my parents wish to see you. Please come with me."

"Alright lead the way,"I said.

"You look beautiful Katerina. How I've missed you its been too long,"Salvador said.

Blushing,"It's only been three months Salvador. That's not very long."

"Are you blushing Katerina?"he asked

Walking ahead,"No I'm not blushing!"

"Katerina,I was only messing with you slow down! I needed to tell you something important."he said trying to run up next to me

"What do you need to tell me?"I asked

"I needed to tell you that my parents wishes to see you and need to talk. They had some questions for you,"he said.

When he said that my heart dropped this was the first time I would be meeting his parents out of uniform. I was nervous and didn't know what to think until he grabbed my arm,"Katerina they'll love you I promise."

Salvador took me to the sitting room and told me to wait. As I waited I wondered how his parents were when they weren't ruling their kingdom. I had always wondered and now I'll know,my train of thought was suddenly interrupted do to a knock on the door,"Come in,"I said

"Katerina it is nice to see you out of your armor,"Queen Nola said as she walked in smiling.

Hugging her,"It's nice to see you too. I'm glad we can be formal and not in my armor."

"Anyway Katerina how is training my son? I heard he's improved since training with you. I also heard that the army has become quite strong,"said King Fredrick as he walked in.

"Yes indeed he has improved immensely. He's improved more than my own men. Sadly he has surpassed Geric in skill,your son takes this serious while Geric doesn't it disappoints me. Back to the point what was it you needed to talk to me about?"I asked

"Ah yes that,"King Fredrick started,"we needed to ask if you're truly going through with the marriage? If you are then we welcome you but you do know you will have to leave here and lose your title as second in command,but we are willing to give you the head of our army so you can continue to train people. It would truly be an honor to have you train our people."

"Yes,"I begin,"I am well aware of what is to come and I happily accept it. It would be an honor to train your men as well. Truthfully I will accept the challenges that is to come. I hope to join your kingdom and fulfill my father's wishes. I'm happy as long as I can fight. That's all that matters to me. So yes I will go through with it and hopefully you will accept me."

"I can't believe you Katerina,"yelled Geric and ran off.

"GERIC WAIT!"I yelled and chased after him.

Almost tripping I curse the blame dress and tear it to my knees. Then I continued to chase Geric. Where on earth could he have gone? I asked myself. Continuing to look I remember that Geric as always went to the garden when he was mad. Going there I find him sulking,"Geric what the hell is your deal? What don't you want me to go! I'm doing what's best for you and me. I've always thought of you as a brother! Please understand that this is to benefit me. I love Salvador not you Geric if I was in love with you I would stay,but I'm not."

"I understand,"Geric started,"but you never told me. You never said that you were going and I've always thought of you as a sister but I want to be able to protect you. I can't with you so far away from-" he was interrupted

"Geric I promise to protect her,"said Salvador out of breath.

"You promise to protect her with your life Salvador? Always make her happy? And always be there even when she pushes you away sometimes she doesn't notice that she does it,"said Geric.

"I give my word Geric. I will protect her with my life. Katerina you need to go and retire for the night the ball has been moved up to tomorrow,"Salvador told me and held his hand out.

"Alright Salvador,good night Geric we'll talk more tomorrow and I'll give you the first dance how about it?"I asked

"Sounds great Katerina,sleep well,"said Geric.