Chapter II

"Slow down Kurt. We can't keep up," said one of the knights.

"I told you,you wouldn't be able to keep up with me. Sounds like you're all out of shape!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"We don't train all day and night like you do Kurt. Some of us do not have the time to train like you,"said the second in command.

" Whatever you say Knight Bret. Also I don't train that much,"I stated.

"Yeah,yeah whatever Kurt," Bret said with an attitude.

Catching up with me Prince Geric says,"Leave Kurt alone. I'm surprised you got this much out of him. "

"How about we race the last hundred meters Bret?" I asked.

"Sure,you're gonna lose to me though I'm the best sprinter here," he bragged.

"Let's do this then. Read set go!" I yelled and we took off. I stated ahead and slowed down on purpose to let him catch up,"See at the training grounds."

When I took off in my full sprint I left everyone behind. Once at the grounds I looked to see how far he was,smiling I yell,"I thought you were the best sprinter here Bret! Apparently not."

Later that day I'm making my rounds when I run into Knight Bret,"Hello Knight Bret. How are you? "

"I'm doing just fine,a little upset about our race but you won fair and square," he said defeated.

"Whatever see you later," I said.

Grabbing my hand and pushing me against the wall,"why don't you remove your mask? I know your little secret. I was there that night Katerina. I was in the garden working on it for your mother. Remove the mask,or I will."

"Stay away from me Bret. You don't know my pain. You never will,"I cry out.

Letting me go he says,"I won't tell anyone if you'll quit the Royal Army. I will also be quiet about if you'll show your true identity and marry me."

"Never!" I exclaimed

"I'll let you think about it," he said letting me go.

On my way home I stopped by to get some roses for my family's graves,"What kind of roses should I get this time?"I asked myself
"Maybe the white ones. They're always so pretty." I say to myself.

Heading to the graves I see that someone is already there. I try to wait them but they wouldn't leave,"Why won't they leave?"I asked myself

"Who won't leave my sweet Katerina?"asked someone

" M-Matt Hemisphere you can't be alive. No no get away from me!"I screamed

"Oh my dear sweet Katerina Rose. My how you've grown,into a beautiful,brave,smart,and cold girl. How are you holding up I wonder?" He asked mischievously

"Stay away from me! You killed them you destroyed my life. You killed your own master. The one who took you in! And what did you you killed him!" I screamed.

"Katerina that's not what truly happened and you know it. Your parents were gonna make you marry someone you didn't want to marry. They were gonna send you away and you were gonna do it. I did this for you!"he yelled at me

" I will kill you!"I yelled and drew my sword.

I lunged towards him and he dodged me,"I was trained by your dad Katerina its harder to take me down."